No announcement yet.

The New Office Reno'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the insulation adhered to the wall? Also I am looking forwards to seeing your framing! Do you frame after you insulate? I had thought the insulation went between the studs. So this is all a learning experience for me.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I used a product called "PL300", most adhesives will break down (melt) the foam...but this is the best. Apply evenly to the back of the foam board and press to the wall.

I will be framing on top of the insulation. With this foam board you don't need vapor barrier...the idea is to create a complete seal, therefore you can frame on top of it.

Comment

This is a lot of fun to watch!
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

The room is getting nice and warm now...need to open a window to continue to work in there...guess the insulation is working well

This is fun doing this as well...I am learning a lot.

Comment

Any new pics?

Comment

I was suppose to start framing yesterday...but I had a setback. Should be on it tomorrow. Will have pics up then.

Comment

Well the framing is now all done. Next step is electrical.

I used pressure treat for the bottom rails and wrapped it in plastic...moisture begone!

Comment

Looking good, there, Ritchie... motivating me to do mine... I'll try to take some pics of my "office" once I get it all cleaned up... your basement looks a LOT like mine. are you on a split foyer with your laundry area between your "office" and garage?

Comment

This is so much fun to watch it all come together!

Comment

Going out today and getting some more lumber and nails (how do you run out of nails???)

Then I am starting the electrical today. Putting 8 directional flush-mount potlights in, 10 outlets, and my ethernet components. I'll be constructing a built in as well to house my router and modem and other various components.

Drywalling should be started this Saturday.

Comment

Finished the electrical....most behind the scenes so not many pics of it...but it is a lot cleaner then this picture. Everything is tacked within 8" of any box and the ethernet cables are tied and secured. I installed 8 outlet boxes on their own circuit and I am cutting out the can lights tomorrow.

Blue cable is my for my home network.

Drywalling has started.

Ceiling is done drywalling.

Drywall just about finished.

Here is the crazy weather we are having at the moment. All roads anywhere are closed.

Making custom cabinet for my modem and router...also adding 3 nooks for storage. Should be fun drywalling them.

Comment

Very Sweet! Were you able to install that drywall yourself?

Comment

I had two friends over to help lift it and put it into place. Sheets too heavy to even try to do by myself...and using a lift would take too long.

Comment

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xllbynJydIw"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xllbynJydIw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Comment

Richard,

That is just very neat&#33; Did you ever think about offering handyman services too? I bet you could get a lot of work especially in the winter time.

Comment

Working...
                                X