No announcement yet.

domystuff.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote[/b] ]Because ultimately then it seems like the lowest price will win regardless of quality or competency or insurance etc.
    Generally speaking thats probably right. But when I was looking around at the work in my area someone want a 7 level grade done in their yard and wanted some bids online before someone came to their house to look. How they gave estimates I don't know. Maybe they googled the adress or something.
    Anyways they chose the guy with the highest bid instead of the lowest. Must depend on the person wanting the work done.
    The lowest was $800 and the highest was 1500
    Rob
    Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Well I guess keep on the watch because you never know where your next lead will come from right?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Something else about those kind of sites... I know for a FACT that on some of them, people have multiple accounts.

Let's just say I have 4 accounts... A, B, C and D.

I post a job with account A... then, about an hour later, I bid the same job with account B, and I make the bid the LOWEST amount I want to pay for my job... then people start lowballing... then I lowball them with accounts C and D until I finally pay a little of nothing on that job.

On the opposite side of the coin, I could just use B, C and D to draw interest to my job posted by account A....

One other scam... A is a contractor... B, C and D post jobs... A bids on all... A gets awarded all three jobs... then a month later, same thing... over and over again until A has a super high rating... helps him get more REAL bids...

See what I mean? Those scams were told to me by a "friend" (acquaintence) that lives in Michigan doing web design.

Comment

Those are some great insights you shared with us and this information should help us be more wary of scams.

Thank you!
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X