No announcement yet.

End season is near

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you misunderstand me. I'm not charging by the hour for my work. I don't do that with anyone. I just estimate how long its going to take me and then add up the time for the total amount. Then multiply it by how much I want per hour. Probably how most people do it when they start out. Thats the only way I know how to do it for now. I'm gonna figure out how to charge by the sq ft soon.

On the bigger complex, which is pretty small, he wanted mowing and blowing twice a month with a seperate quote for weekly blowing. There is two turf areas the same size that will take me 30 - 40 min each including trimming. I figured the blowing of the parking lot and walkways would take 2 hours max. But if I was blowing every week then hour and a half because there would be less clean up. So thats how I came up with my numbers
    I told him 460 per month for mowing and blowing twice per month and 600 per month for weekly blowing and mowing twice per month not including tax.
    I went and got quotes for insurance last week. I'm going to purchase my policy this week.
    I don't know if this helps you understand a little better so you can help me. I can break it down farther if you need me to. This is probably still confusing to you. I figured charge a little higher than I would a residential customer. Isn't that the way it works?
    I probably won't get these complexes but I gotta start somewhere figuring out how it works.
    Thanks for your help.
    Rob
    Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

That sounds about right, Expect the TAX. What are you charging TAX for?

Comment

I live in Washington. There is tax on all landscape/lawn care services in this state. People that move here from out of state are always suprised that there is tax on services here. Its to bad because sometimes it makes it harder to get a job because a $50 lawn turns into a little under $55 with tax. Which is about another $20 per month for the customer. But thats the way it is here. Can't get around it. And the tax isn't coming out of my pocket.

So whats the waiting period before I call the property manager/owner back or until he calls me back. He must have got my number from my ad in the paper because he contacted me first looking for someone to take care of his properties. I wasn't even thinking about going and trying to give bids on complexes until you mentioned it in your post. Since its near the end of the season. Now when I'm driving around I've been looking at ones that I might be able to go bid on.
        Thanks for your help.
        Rob
        Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

I would give it few weeks. Im sure he will be in contact with you. You might want to call and ask him what he thought about the bid and if you need to make any adjustments to it. LIke lower it if needed. to get the contract. Tell him you can work with them, that you really want the contract.

Comment

Working...
          X