Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Backs $25 Million ‘Lunar X Prize’

This is some exciting news!

I think it's really going to help bring the private sector into space exploration. Do you think someone will be able to pull it off?

Google Backs $25 Million ‘Lunar X Prize’ - The group whose $10 million prize spurred privately funded rocketeers to send a small piloted craft to the cusp of space in 2004 has issued a new challenge: an unmanned moon shot.

With the audacious new contest comes a much bigger prize — as much as $25 million, paid for by Google, the ubiquitous Internet company.

The “Google Lunar X Prize” was announced today in Los Angeles at Wired Magazine’s NextFest conference. The contest calls for entrants to land a rover on the moon that will be able to travel at least 500 meters and send high-resolution video, still images and other data back home.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

This is awesome.

Hey Gopher, you know how huge a fan I am of Google Earth and other apps. Have you checked out Google Moon?

www.Google.com/moon

Also, if you upgrade to Google Earth 4.2 you can check out their new Google Space app. It's a bit buggy but a great new feature.

I just thought of something. Do you think we can pull off a Capricorn One (remember that movie?) style moon landing hoax and claim the $25M? I'll build a scaled-up paper mache rocket ship if you handle the slo-mo video feed.

Keith
    Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

That google moon site is great! I look forwards to when you can zoom really close in and see the artifacts from 1969's landing.

Capricorn one HAHAHAH can you imagine? It would be worth trying for $25 million LOL Break out the blue screen.

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X