Student loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student loans

What is going on now with the price of education? I mean how can it really cost $84,000 to study cooking?

Rick Park makes $10.50 an hour and has to pay $705 a month in student loan payments? Do you get the feeling that our society is going to collapse under a mountain of debt?

‘Top Chef’ Dreams Crushed by Student Loan Debt - Rick Park started working at a Jack in the Box in Austin, Tex., when he was 18. He moved on to sub shops, pizza parlors and chain restaurants, turning out hundreds of meals during a shift.

Two years after graduation, all the “Bam!” has been drained from the dream. Mr. Park makes $10.50 an hour at a bistro in Austin best known for its French fries, trying to pay down his student loans. While he dodges phone calls from the bank, his mother helps him make his $705 monthly payments, almost twice his weekly take-home pay.

Erica Reichlin at CatFish Max in Seaford, N.Y., on Long Island. She owed nearly $84,000 as a graduate of the California Culinary Institute.

- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

I already think that our economy is based on nothing but debt. Nobody really have any value anymore. I read last year, that Americans spent more than they earned in 2006. First time this has happened since the Great Depression.

Comment

The price of education seems ridiculous, but someday it will be worth it.

Comment

I would like to think so but WOW!

Maybe these students need to consider a less expensive culinary school.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
        X