Weather sirens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather sirens

How does your community deal with warning residents about severe weather? This story is just such a shame.

Do you think warning sirens would have helped wake up residents and warn them of the tornado that touched down?

Central Florida residents take to shelters - Displaced residents slept in shelters and officials enacted curfews after violent thunderstorms, including at least one tornado, left a swath of central Florida in shambles and killed 19 people or more.

The storms struck with little warning early Friday, spawning a tornado that ripped roofs and walls off single family homes and threw mobile homes off their foundations.

Officials said the twister hit between 3 and 4 a.m., a time when few people were listening to radio or watching TV to hear tornado warnings issued just minutes before the twister struck. Few communities in the region have warning sirens.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

We have sirens stationed in areas all over where I live at. It was something that was put together about 4 years ago after some tornadoes came through the area. They can be sirens or PA systems for emergencies. They test them about twice a year. It actually feels good having them.

They have only used them twice since installing them for actual emergencies such as bad weather.

Comment

Do they also use them for the fire department or no?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

No, the fire department has their own siren by the fire station and sounds whenever they are going to leave the station for a fire.

Comment

Working...
        X