No announcement yet.

Check deposit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to a couple of banks today. Most where a minimum balance of 1500.00 to run an account.

I am small and can't do that.

So now what?

Comment

are there TD banks near you they let me do it. the first year $100min then $500 min. if I need to drop below $500 it's a charge of $25 that month

Comment

If you cant keep $1500 in your account your doing something worng.

Comment

Google small business bank accounts and your city, there has to be a cheap alternative near you. I have First Niagara Bank here and there is no minimum if I have even $20 in the account, I opened it with $100 but am sure I could have opened it for less.
          http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Wells Fargo small businesses checking is free.

Comment

In short do I

Go back to the guy and ask to re-write the check?

Do i need a license to get an account or just the DBA?

If I have to go the license route, that lawn plus two others this week will just pay for the min license fee of 75bucks.

It depends on what bank you go to, but you should open a business checking account, some banks offer a small business checking account that is free and has no monthly fee, but they are only free if you stay under a certain number of deposits. Basically what you need to open the business account depends on what type of business structure you have. I opened a business checking account at US Bank where I live for my advertising company I had a few years ago and I only needed my business license displaying the business name, its still going to be the same for my lawn service when the time comes. You also will need a photo ID and obviously the check made out to your business. Also banks will not cash checks made out to businesses, you have to deposit those checks into a business checking account, if you want the money from the check you will have to write a check to yourself from the business account, but make sure you list it as "Owner's Draw" as it will be considered income to you the owner coming from the business. Hopefully you can understand what I'm saying here, mind's racing thousand times a minute and was trying to get all of this out before I lost my train of thought, but anyway I hope this helps. LOL

Comment

Working...
              X