No announcement yet.

Where is Spring !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had about 6" of heavy, wet snow this am and it continued snowing part way through the day, but it didn't get "deeper" because it was so wet - it just started to compact.

Then the rain/snow mix crap started. At least I made a few bucks. Only did four properties, but considering I only cleared 4 driveways all last winter, I can't complain.

I'm just mad because I had cleaned the snowblower off for storage a week or so ago and now it's covered with road salt again just for a couple of jobs.

Comment

I'm right there with you....

I already had the blowers put away for the summer...lol...

This weather is crazy !!

Comment

We still have about 1 1/2 feet on the level here & got up this morning to a dusting on the groung & there calling for 1 to 3 inches through tonight.I havent put my plow on yet though going to see what happends first..It was going away fast up to yesterday, we had about 3 feet on the level two weeks ago! michigan weather you gotta love it!!!!I wont be doing clean ups til end of april if this keeps up...

Comment

We're starting to see temps closer to normal.

Supposed to get some rain this week, so I think we'll start seeing some color and maybe a few lawns to cut by the end of next week.

Comment

We're starting to see temps closer to normal.

Supposed to get some rain this week, so I think we'll start seeing some color and maybe a few lawns to cut by the end of next week.
            Lawns to cut already? Thats not bad. Up here im about 2 weeks out on any real mowing.

Comment

Lawns to cut already? Thats not bad. Up here im about 2 weeks out on any real mowing.
              Looks to be the same for me. Last year I was already mowing. Thats New England for you.

Tomorrow spose to be 58 then it goes back to the 50s for the rest of the week.

I managed to get almost everything ready today. New oil, fuel filters, batteries installed, fresh gas. I drove around the yard for about 15 mins looking like a idiot.

Comment

Damn fellas, I hope your weather gets better. I've been mowing since... well we never stop. It slows in the winter, every week yards become every other week and every other weeks become every 3 weeks. I do have a couple accounts that only get done every three weeks but I do them every three weeks all year around. No money to go to four.

But I start every week mowings this week. I have had plenty of mulch jobs already, even some landscape jobs. Our spring is getting hot.

Hope our warm weather heads your way.

Comment

in TX BABE.

Comment

Doug, have you started mowing yet?

Comment

I should be mowing by Monday....The temps are finally here and the grass is kicking it.....

Yesterday was 76 degrees and the extended forcast looks pretty good, slight drop off over the weekend but it looks like it will stay in the 60's....

Comment

I should be mowing by Monday....The temps are finally here and the grass is kicking it.....

Yesterday was 76 degrees and the extended forcast looks pretty good, slight drop off over the weekend but it looks like it will stay in the 60's....
                        I start mowing tomorrow!!!!!! It's about damn time!!!!

Comment

I hear ya....

Last year I was already about three weeks into it.......

I think I'm going to break the new Lazer Z in today on my own lawn...

Comment

I start mowing tomorrow!!!!!! It's about damn time!!!!
                            hell yeah man. It's like 80 today!

Comment

That's good to hear, glad grass is growing now so everyone can start mowing. Most residential properties aren't being mowed yet, but when I'm out doing errands I can see other lawn services already mowing commercial properties even though the grass doesn't look like its quite ready, we've been getting some good rain showers where I live, so grass will be growing soon, its already greened up.

Comment

It is bad here in Wisconsin. I won't be mowing for 2+ weeks. We just got all the snow gone and this week we have had about 3 inches of rain so far. Atleast the calls are starting to come in but few will sign up because they "got time to think about it". I did get a call from SC Johnson's neighbor! Who has 200+acres.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X