No announcement yet.

realtors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, look at the HUD guidelines on that site & they will give you an update on prices per sq.ft on cutting & everything else....the guideline that everyone has to go by....it will give you a better range of what you can charge too...the price sheet you get from the preservation company is just suggestive for the most part ,,if you have to travel, or overgrown,etc; they know you have to make a profit too.....bid to make money...

Comment

Get an error message on that link
      I spelled it wrong sorry....www.PropertyPreservationAcademy.com this should work I just went there...

Comment

I just had another company call that claims to have a contract on these types of properties...

there's a ton of paperwork just to get signed up, plus each cut requires 16 photos of the property from specific locations - 8 before and 8 after.

the price list they pay is as follows:

1-5,000 sq. ft. - $35 initial, $35 recurring
        5000-10,000 sq. ft. - $40 initial, $35 recurring
        10,000-15,000 sq. ft. - $45 initial, $35 recurring

the guy said they would want a cut every 2 weeks.

Seems like a lot of red tape, and I'm not sure I trust these folks to pay on time.

Think it's worth it?
        Be careful on these, they make you fill out the 10-99 form. Your saying your a sub contractor with them and will be paying taxes on it.

It sounds like the prices are decent, its just not worth the headache with the pictures and trusting a company will pay you when your providing pictures to say you did the job. Like you said, too much red tape.

Comment

yep, my thoughts exactly, I did for the one company because the job was in the same area I'm in, but the other jobs were few & very far between..just not worth it to drive so far (60 miles + sometimes) for a 35-45$ lawn. Up here in Mich. you got to drive a little bit anyway but there jobs you do every week & more than one lawn & you know when your getting paid! Nope, not for me either!

Comment

you really have to look at the Hud guidelines for your state... in michigan the prices for yard mantenance is currently: Initial cut up to 10,000 sq ft=$85.00 Initial cut to 15,000 sq ft=$105.00 re-cut up to 10,000 sq ft=$80.00 re-cut 10,000 sq ft to 15,000 sq ft=$100.00 trim shrub=$35.00 snow removal=$45.00 I'm not going this route myself I'm just putting these prices on here cuz its different depending on what state your in!You will still have few & far between & long distances to travel & will cut into your regular sheduled cuttings as well...must have the cash to maintain until you get paid too...at least 45 days!
            Last edited by kslawn; 04-03-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X