No announcement yet.

Monster Blizzard Of 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well for snow removal for residential I have a set price. Over 6 inches I add another $10 to the price. Next year over 6 inches I will add an extra $5 and every 2 inches over 6 inches I will add another $5 for. So for a house I do $40 for the set price if we get 12 inches it will be $65 which is where I should be at to make some extra money. Just some small changes. I did not lose any money during the storm but I need to be making more for the amount of extra labor that's all.

Thank you,
    Tim Oezer
    Belle City Lawn Care, LLC
    that is low. I don't do commercial nor do I do residential other than my lawn customers. I would, but the snowfall here in the St Louis area for the past 2 years is at record lows and I can't justify buying a plow. I snowblow/shovel...yes shoveling is actually faster than snow blowing in some cases.

that being said, think about it. That one inch of snowfall adds up over the width of the driveway. So whether it's a plow, snow blower or shovel, by the time you get across a 20 foot driveway, how many inches is it? The one inch? or a couple feet?

Not only the depth, but wet snow? or dry powder? Is sleet mixed in? These are all factors in a well rounded bid and price. That's not even counting overhead and other costs and expenses.

Not every customer wanted snow removal this past snowfall. I did 10 driveways plus 3 i picked up from their neighbors that caught me while I was clearing my clients. 13 driveways, my invoices were $800. Not as much as a guy with a plow and commercial accounts, but not bad for someone not focusing on the whole market and only on his own clients.

Comment

Where I am located the people tend to be extremely cheap. I am going to be raising my prices next year but most of the driveways are 20ft long by one car wide so in a regular snowfall they take about 10 minutes to clear (1-5 inches). I will take the advice though! Thanks!

Thank you,
      Tim Oezer
      Belle City Lawn Care, LLC

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X