Why do some customers NEVER listen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do some customers NEVER listen

When I started this one job, I told them I donot do bedding areas, I just cut grass.

Got a call today that they were not happy about the hedges not being cut, the flower beds being full of weeds and grass etc. and that they were going to find some one else.

Oh I forgot this place has a 45 degree slope in the back, a real pain in the ***.

I could not be happier that they are getting someone else, I under bid the job, but I also did not include any of the bedds, hedges etc either.

I really wish that people would listen to what is being said.

Well there is my rant, thankyou for letting me get it off my chest.

Wish I could get away with only mowing. :-)
    Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
    Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
    CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

I hear you steve. I give them a price for what they ask for then after its all said and done. They bring up the extras. Then I tell them it will be this much more for that then its a problem.

I would include weeding the beds in the price if asked first but I would never put hedges in the price. Thats a separate charge.

Comment

I wish I could provide additional services, but I'm too preoccupied with lawn cutting. I also procrastinate taking on odd jobs, because after mowing I just want to go home and hide.

Comment

I ran into the same problem last month! I quoted to do 1 garden, and she emailed me asking why the other 2 weren't done. I guess they only hear what they want...

Comment

I have found that the worst offenders are old people. They have what i call "lower price selective hearing" and they also suffer from A.D.D. I'll be in the middle of explaining an estimate to them and what the price range is going to be based on said work and depending on what has to be done.

When the work is done they only seem to remember the lowest price I gave and can't remember all the extras that I mentioned. Also while explaining this stuff they seem to lose focus and butt in to talk about other subjects.

For example:

me: "mrs. so and so, trimming your hedges is gonna cost $*** but if you want me to cut the grass with a scissor it's gonna cost more....

Customer: "oh look at that pretty bird in the tree, you know he comes here every day at 3:30 to play with his other bird friends." "what did you say? mowing with a scissor and trimming my hedges is gonna be $5?" your hired.

Comment

I have found that the worst offenders are old people. They have what i call "lower price selective hearing" and they also suffer from A.D.D. I'll be in the middle of explaining an estimate to them and what the price range is going to be based on said work and depending on what has to be done.

When the work is done they only seem to remember the lowest price I gave and can't remember all the extras that I mentioned. Also while explaining this stuff they seem to lose focus and butt in to talk about other subjects.

For example:

me: "mrs. so and so, trimming your hedges is gonna cost $*** but if you want me to cut the grass with a scissor it's gonna cost more....

Customer: "oh look at that pretty bird in the tree, you know he comes here every day at 3:30 to play with his other bird friends." "what did you say? mowing with a scissor and trimming my hedges is gonna be $5?" your hired.

That's one of my clients, great description of him!

Did you know, sometimes it's the squirrels who come to eat the birds seed, ya.. the squirrel will come down every so often, maybe an hour after the feeder is filled, and he'll just go at it! Sometimes he knocks the feeder down and makes a mess.

Comment

Lol, I have that problem if i dont put it in writing, i try to get detailed on my estimates to make it clear what is and what is not included

Comment

The weeds overtaking your gravel driveway are not considered a part of "the lawn".

Comment

The weeds overtaking your gravel driveway are not considered a part of "the lawn".

The only people who believe what you had written to be true, are the people on this forum.

Our customers believe that if grass grew on the bottom of their pools, we should mow it, or we're horrible businessmen.

Comment

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about.

"Excuse me, I've got a bean stalk growing out of my gutter. cleaning that out is included in my monthly lawn mow right?"

"Weekly only, HOW MUCH?!!?!?!, OOOOhh boy I can't do that. Little Timmy use to do it for $3 and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Lets do that price for once a month including the bean stalks"

So goes the crow.

Comment

Maybe this forum is a bad idea.

I'm thinking that we are all losing our minds. With our combined forces of anger, I wonder what it will lead us to.

pictured above: the future.. our clients

I love how we all hate people, it's great lol.

Comment

When I started this one job, I told them I donot do bedding areas, I just cut grass.
                          What is your view on why you don't offer these additional services? Could you be making more money in one spot if you did?
                          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

What is your view on why you don't offer these additional services? Could you be making more money in one spot if you did?
                            I can't speak for anyone else, but generally people with weeds growing in flowerbeds are not the ones willing to pay for "additional services".

Comment

For me thats a big upsell! I get quite a few calls a month to do some weeding. Its pretty profitable for me cause no one wants to do it. All it takes is time...none of that other crap that comes with mowing.

Comment

Working...
                              X