Free Rocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Rocks

I have a job to do tomorrow removing 3/4' rocks from a flower bed. I know the transfer station charges $80 a ton to dump. Looking to cut some corners I need to dump somewhere.

First I asked a few customers that have rock driveways and none want them either because there not colored or because there bigger then what they have.

So I say screw it craigslist. I put up a add saying free rocks delivered if you help me unload. In less then 2 hours I have 15 responses. People from 80 miles away to one person down the street from the job. Some even offering gas money.

I'm kinda surprised they only cost $25-$30 a ton. If I could figure out a way to give rock away and up sell a service I would be good money. Hows this sound free rock with a $5000 patio install lol.

LOL that's awesome man.

Congrats!

Comment

We had an ad here on craigslist for free breeding rocks.
      Pat

Comment

Hell My parents are in PA I was pondering driving there amd taking some till I read your post saying people wanted it. Good for you.
        Liberty Landscaping LLC
        www.libertylndscpng.com
        Woodbridge, NJ

Comment

Let us know how it goes, maybe you could make an upsell while you are onsite! Good thinking!
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Before I left for work this morning I had 35 emails for the rock.

Part way through the job I realized we had more rock then the truck could handle. I switched the add to, it needs to be picked up and left my phone number. Not one person emailed or called since.

The rock I did have I chose the closest person. When I showed up they werent home and wouldnt answer.

So I knocked on a neighbors door and offered them the rocks. They said no.

I drove down the road and noticed another rock driveway and the owner in the yard and I yelled at him from the truck. This guy took the rock and said bring anymore I had. I also passed off my card to him and his friend.

Attached Files

Comment

That is a very interesting story and experiment! What lesson(s) do you feel you learned from this?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X