No announcement yet.

Amazed by craiglist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you live in Maryland because I see the same add description on Craigslist.

Comment

I live really close to maryland.

He put another listing up that doesn't say anything about the trailer and he wants $3900, the picture of the trailer is still on there though. I didn't hear anything back, so I sent him another email.
      sigpic
      Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

you better be careful...don't get burned..it sounds kinda iffy...

Comment

Yeah, thats the only thing I don't like buying used equipment, unless its coming from a dealer.

I am going to check it out before I buy it, make sure it runs okay, and cuts, and everything. If he won't sell it for under 3,000 then i'm not even interested anymore.
          sigpic
          Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

I live really close to maryland.

He put another listing up that doesn't say anything about the trailer and he wants $3900, the picture of the trailer is still on there though. I didn't hear anything back, so I sent him another email.
            sound like someone email fishing. They put things on c-list just to get email addresses. If you start getting junk mail you know why

Comment

at the sametime ask if the warranty is transferable.
              most of the time the warranty is NOT transferable I only know of 2 companies that allow this and you would have to have it done at a dealer.
              I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Pretty sure its a scam of some type, I have sent an email from three different email addresses, and still have gotten nothing back, so i'm going to let that one go.

I did find a pretty nice exmark 48" walk behind for 1500 obo, hydrostatic drive, 17hp Kawasaki and floating deck
                sigpic
                Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Pretty sure its a scam of some type, I have sent an email from three different email addresses, and still have gotten nothing back, so i'm going to let that one go.

I did find a pretty nice exmark 48" walk behind for 1500 obo, hydrostatic drive, 17hp Kawasaki and floating deck
                  Exmark Good choice !!!

Comment

Haha, I didn't buy it, but if the price is right I would like to look at it, it comes with a sulky too.
                    sigpic
                    Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

It was a scam, here's the email reply I got.

Hi,

Thanks for being interested in buying my**2011 52" Exmark Pioneer S-Series Zero Turn & 5'X10' Dovetail Trailer C** !
                      I will start my email by telling you that I'm currently out of country so pick up isn't an option. Right now I'm in Italy, just arrived here 3 days ago.
                      Before I left I found a buyer and I had everything arranged. I paid for the shipping and almost sent it to him. But yesterday the buyer that I had asked me to wait another 4 weeks because he suddenly had other priorities and he is out of money for the moment.
                      I can't wait this long as I arrive in Italy 3 days ago, and i really need the money, I am in the moving process, changing the work place and everything. A major issue is that if you want to buy my item you really need to have the money ready for it.
                      The item is as described, in perfect condition and if you accept the deal, it will be delivered at your home address (the item remained in the custody of the shipping company only waiting for a new receiver).
                      Total price, with shipping included, will be $3900 and the transaction will be made only through eBay because i am not in the country anymore and this way it's safer for both (the transaction will be handled by the eBay Buyer Protection Program).
                      This purchase protection guarantees that the item is exactly as I described; basically, once delivered, you'll have 10 working days to inspect it at your home and if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded in no time and they will charge me with the return costs. If the item meets your expectations and you want to keep it you will have to tell them to release the payment to me. If you are interested in this purchase please reply me with your full name and shipping address. After that i will pass your details to eBay and you will receive an invoice and further instructions as how you will be able to get possession of the item .

Warmest regards
                      sigpic
                      Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

WOW it's amazing how these scammers are everywhere on craigslist!
                        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

A friend of mine came across this same type of scam a few weeks ago. He found 2 free english bulldog pups on craigslist, all he had to do was send something like $500.00 to the frieght company that was holding them.

I told him if he sent the money he should never tell me because I would be laughing every time I saw him.

I've got some good deals on craigslist but if I sell it's for cash only and only buy in person.

Comment

WOW it's amazing how these scammers are everywhere on craigslist!
                            Yeah it is crazy, but what do you do, craigslist does have some amazing deals.

Speaking of! I can't help myself, I am going to look at an exmark 52" hydro drive walk behind, listed for $1200 but I could probably talk him down!

If i can get him down to $900 I will take it in a heartbeat

Its a little rough around the edges, but doesn't look to bad, if it cuts and runs well, then i think its worth the price.
                            sigpic
                            Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Good luck. When I was looking, I couldn't find a 36" gear drive that wasn't beat to he11 for less than $1,500.

I'm sure there are deals out there, but I sure couldn't find any.

Comment

I find a whole bunch of good deals...but they always sell them before I get to them!

This mower looks like its been put through its paces, but for a cheap price you can't beat it, at least I wouldn't have to worry about scratching it up
                                sigpic
                                Carlisle Lawn Care

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X