No announcement yet.

Accessorizing new open trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOw much longer on the businesscards I just hope your not over thinking it. just get 250 $6 shipped and see how you like them. BUT you have to get them out there in peoples hands

Comment

trust me, i am with you 1000000%

i have someone on here that helped me out and a personal friend who has a design company. i have been waiting for my buddy to get back from vacation to get this done. just finished last evening.

sending to local print shop today and getting 1000 printed. it has been killing me not having them and just waiting to get started. i do have a full time job though, so it isnt like i am just sitting around, greasing the mower and waxing it haha

here is what i got.

Comment

if your talking about locking my trimmers, there is a lock at the bottom. middle bar swivels around with 4 bars on top, go over shaft. on bottom, this same piece meets a hole where you can add a lock.

personally, i like where they are, just needs to be more secure. still working on getting material to make this happen.

remember, it has not left the garage since i got all this 3 weeks ago. i have no accounts. still working on business cards.

I didnt see a way to lock them, glad it is there. Everything spinning in the racks would bother me and might cause wear and tear on your tools.

Placement is all personal preference.

As for accounts its still pretty early in the year, its good to be starting now and not July. Get on Craigslist and search "property preservation" all the companies that maintain foreclosures will be looking for people soon. 99% of my mowing business is foreclosed properties.

Comment

the lock could be a problem so watch your shafts for signs of it cutting or wearing them to the point of damage. Depending on travel time and road conditions it might not be a problem for you though.
          I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

you have a good point. it isnt too bad to where i think it could hurt anything. although i have been thinking of cutting the 4 bars that slide over an making it not so tight, then adding some sort of damper on the bottom/ maybe even just a piece of carpet or something on the 2 u bars that the trimmers rest on, before the lock slides over.

making sense?

Comment

you have a good point. it isnt too bad to where i think it could hurt anything. although i have been thinking of cutting the 4 bars that slide over an making it not so tight, then adding some sort of damper on the bottom/ maybe even just a piece of carpet or something on the 2 u bars that the trimmers rest on, before the lock slides over.

making sense?
              the big issues I see are engines bouncing up and down bending the shafts on trimmer racks but I have seen racks wear shafts from sliding around.
              I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

take a close look at these photos. do you think they will be ok?
                i sure do...

Attached Files

Comment

honestly it is hard for me to say, I do not see the trimmer racks all the time just the trimmers I was just throwing info out to hopefully help you. I know some of the problem is the weight is hanging out causing the shafts to flex and wear so maybe it would be a good idea to support the engines.

Comment

I have trimmer racks too, it holds 3 trimmers. The brackets have broken twice (once an yr) so just a heads up. But they work great. I'm not sure what your decision was but you should get some boards to fill in between the rail and the deck, that's what I have and it's good for mulch and so things don fall out. Good Luck with finding accounts

Comment

Ideally you want it to hold the trimmers nice and snugly. Can you maybe put some cushion where the trimmer meets the bracket?

Then, could you make another piece that you can lift up and slide on top of the bracket to hold it down when you are moving?

Here are a bunch of pictures. Also you might want to check this design on free patent online.
                      Attached Files
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have a set of these. Holding 3 total. I like the other design much better though.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X