I am Soooo Broke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am Soooo Broke

Man I am so sick and tired of sitting on my a$$ and doing nothing.
    No snow No work No money
    Things are really getting tight around the house hold.
    I am going to go see a lady about painting out her bathroom tomorrow.
    I figure its worth $100.00 at least.
    What is everyone doing with all their free time ??????
    I have maintained most of my equipment and cleaned and reorganized my shop.
    Built a new work bench and added a couple of cabinets. I have my paperwork ready for my Taxes and my flyers are ready to go my renewal letter are posted.
    I just don't know what to do with myself now.

Almost done with my taxes. I still have some items to put in.

I bought some promotional items for spring. Getting that all ready for when its time.

I'm waiting on another part to finish rebuilding a mowing deck but its 90% finished. I wish it was here because today was warm. Have all my blades sharpened already.

Looking for another truck, another ztr and a bigger trailer.

Comment

Ducke,

I stare at a wall all day until I am ready to fall asleep.

Without snow, there is NOTHING to do, especially when money is tight.

I feel like I'm wasting away.

Comment

Broke

I'm in a similar situation**treading water financially until the season comes around. I'm selling a bunch of things on eBay and craigslist, with mixed results.

Comment

Be thankful we still have a job, many out there with No or Little Hope.
          Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
          Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
          CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

We're handing out flyers for lawn service in are target area.

Plus we printed out postcard sized flyers advertising leaf removal and gutter cleaning and drive around and when we see a yard with tons of leaves I stop the truck, the wife gets out, and puts the flyer on the door. Handed out 70 of them last Thursday and already got two calls. I did the estimates on those two calls yesterday.

We've had a mild winter, no snow with temps in the 40 half the week and the other half being in the 50's with high of 60 a few times.

Comment

We're handing out flyers for lawn service in are target area.

Plus we printed out postcard sized flyers advertising leaf removal and gutter cleaning and drive around and when we see a yard with tons of leaves I stop the truck, the wife gets out, and puts the flyer on the door. Handed out 70 of them last Thursday and already got two calls. I did the estimates on those two calls yesterday.

We've had a mild winter, no snow with temps in the 40 half the week and the other half being in the 50's with high of 60 a few times.
              Already going door to door? I thought I was early getting all my flyers ready.

Same weather here. So far 3 plowable events and 1 of them only half the lots had to be done.

I cant complain though, a little bored but I had my highest quarter at the end of the year and projected to repeat for the beginning of 2012.

Comment

I had thought back in the fall when I suggested an area for clean up's in our city you had a winter job...??

It's been tough on snow removal this season for sure, maybe pick up a warehouse job for the next few months or something along those lines to keep the cash flow going.
                Andy
                Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

i hear you ducke, this particular winter blows.

one stinking snow storm with none on the horizon, all my contracts are done and i am so bored i am sending contracts to companies i never even worked for.

i have done my taxes and my accountant tells me that the IRS is so back logged that they are not even accepting them at the moment which i really don't care too much about because at least all the figureing is done.

i am glad though i found this place because i have been busy here and it has been occupying my time.

well, if all else fails, here is to a early spring for everyone.

Comment

Already going door to door? I thought I was early getting all my flyers ready.
                    The early bird gets the worm, plus I'm new and need to get my name out there. I have read on here and websites offering flyer tips to flyer the same homes 3 times to get results. Jan is the first, Feb will be the 2nd and March will be the 3rd and March is about the time people start thinking about getting things in the yard done and they have seen my flyer 3 times by then.

I'll continue handing them out afterward as well, but I'll pick 4 more neighborhoods to start the 3 month process on them as well.

I'm tired of sitting around. I need to do something!!!!!

Comment

The early bird gets the worm, plus I'm new and need to get my name out there. I have read on here and websites offering flyer tips to flyer the same homes 3 times to get results. Jan is the first, Feb will be the 2nd and March will be the 3rd and March is about the time people start thinking about getting things in the yard done and they have seen my flyer 3 times by then.

I'll continue handing them out afterward as well, but I'll pick 4 more neighborhoods to start the 3 month process on them as well.

I'm tired of sitting around. I need to do something!!!!!
                      it is never too early to get things going and i traditionally spend the months of november, december and january getting my ducks in a row for the spring because come march most people have decided who they will use for the year weeks prior.

i know it varies from region to region but in my area come febuary and march if that is when you start on your offseason promo's you will most likely have a not so lucky and busy year.

as you said, it's the early bird that catches the worm.

Comment

Here in Atlanta, we go through a period of no to little property maintenance from late December till late March. Quite literally, what winter is on a calendar: 12-21 through 3-21 EVERY YEAR. We do not offer snow removal because it is rare that we ever have any, yet it gets cold enough that everything living goes dormant. What do I do? This: patios, retaining walls, ponds & waterfalls, putting greens, pergolas, decks, outdoor kitchens, winter deep pruning of woody shrubs (if required), gutter cleaning, interior painting, junk removal, etc. Conversely, there have been years (like this one) where people are just not buying anything no matter how much I market my business. When this happens, my suggestion is to get a temporary job somewhere. Contact a temp agency and your local department of labor in addition to pounding pavement. I have learned that nagging the crap out of an employer will usually get you a job sooner than later. Once you land a position, work as much as you can until the season comes, at which time you can step it down to part time work somewhere. Why? Use it for health insurance and funding your retirement. Someone can do this with as little as 8 hours a week. Best wishes!
                        integritylawnpro.com

Comment

Here in Atlanta, we go through a period of no to little property maintenance from late December till late March. Quite literally, what winter is on a calendar: 12-21 through 3-21 EVERY YEAR. We do not offer snow removal because it is rare that we ever have any, yet it gets cold enough that everything living goes dormant. What do I do? This: patios, retaining walls, ponds & waterfalls, putting greens, pergolas, decks, outdoor kitchens, winter deep pruning of woody shrubs (if required), gutter cleaning, interior painting, junk removal, etc. Conversely, there have been years (like this one) where people are just not buying anything no matter how much I market my business. When this happens, my suggestion is to get a temporary job somewhere. Contact a temp agency and your local department of labor in addition to pounding pavement. I have learned that nagging the crap out of an employer will usually get you a job sooner than later. Once you land a position, work as much as you can until the season comes, at which time you can step it down to part time work somewhere. Why? Use it for health insurance and funding your retirement. Someone can do this with as little as 8 hours a week. Best wishes!

i used to work a winter job in the early years as i am sure most here do if need be, but in this economy winter jobs are a hard find as well as most employers don't even want to know you because they know as soon as your work picks up you are gone.

i am not one to condone or suggest lying but when it comes to finding winter employment as a business owner you need to stretch the truth a little and not let them know you have a business.

as i said, i am a firm believer in honesty is the best policy but in this particular case this is the one time honesty will most likely end up in you and your family going hungry.

Comment

South Louisiana, we have never know what snow removal is. Sorry for you guys. We just finished removing the last of the leaves and the grass is growing. We are starting to mow but the ground is realy soft so we are moving much slower.

In December a customer drank himself to death. The family asked me to clean out his storage shed and they did not want to save anything, not a thing. I sold things on eBay and my wife had two yard sales with his junk and this brought in a little over $5K. It really made December OK.

I just want to remind everyone to make sure you have a web page, a facebook page and a Google place page. My last 23 new customers came from Google and having a web site. Same story each time when I asked. New to the area, googled lawn care for our area and I was the first on the list with a web site. Not near first on the list under google but the first with a web page the could look at. If you are bored at home spend some time improving your web site and google place.

My web site is not fancy, I did it myself. campbelllawn.com

Comment

This may sound really sh*tty, but maybe offer a service like picking up doggy crap, since no snow on the ground it would not be tough to see. Maybe that could help get over the hump this winter?
                              http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Working...
                              X