No announcement yet.

I am Soooo Broke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had thought back in the fall when I suggested an area for clean up's in our city you had a winter job...??

It's been tough on snow removal this season for sure, maybe pick up a warehouse job for the next few months or something along those lines to keep the cash flow going.
    Had a job Nov to Mid Jan, Been off since Jan 5th guess I did the job a bit to fast.
    Know I am living off what i made last season and that is not going very far.
    I may have a small painting job next week Just a small bathroom. one days work. Then I will find something else.

Comment

This may sound really sh*tty, but maybe offer a service like picking up doggy crap, since no snow on the ground it would not be tough to see. Maybe that could help get over the hump this winter?
      Been over this one already on this forum, I wouldn't do it then and I won't do it now sorry but there are just something I don't do. One is sell my Body (Not that anyone would pay for it) I don't know were I would put all the penny's and pick up dog $hit.

Comment

One is sell my Body (Not that anyone would pay for it)
        DAMN IT!!!! lmao j/k.

As for picking up dog crap it is a loss.

Pros:
        • Not much

Cons:
        • Can't get away with charging for what it's worth
        • It takes a lot of time
        • Lots of bending = back pain
        • You WILL step in it
        • It stinks
        • Bags are expensive

-

There is so little to do in winter 'outdoors', that we're stuck working indoors which is dreadful (to me).

Comment

This thread is funny.

I could loose all my customers and I still wouldn't stoop so low as to shovel $hit for a living.

I still have all my pet waste removal customers, and adding more. 1 rotation a month of grass cuts, some lock changes, and other random things for the preservation company I contract for. I drained a pool, changed a lock, padlocked a broken garage door and mowed a overgrown yard today.

I will be working again tomorrow.

Since work is only about 50% of what it is in the summer I bought a project truck and have been working on that. Disposable income sure is nice.
          Last edited by Johnny_boy02; 01-29-2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Before I started lawn care, I was going to start up a painting company.

The only problem was my lack of knowledge on paint products, and I wasn't very interested.

From what I have gathered in the past, it's best to charge $1 per square foot for whatever it is you are painting.

-

A cool service for those who are desperate;

Go out late at night/early morning and remove the snow and ice off of vehicles. Could be interesting.

^ Personally, it only takes 5 minutes of idling to get all the ice off, and the snow isn't much of a problem. Hmm....

Comment

i just been ridding the 4wheelers relaxing and starving through the winter

The plow truck just sits and looks lonely right now

Thankfully 3 deer during hunting season at least allows me to eat some meat a couple times a week and the wife working full time keeps a roof over my head.

come on spring time
              Chris Hoeltke
              serving Winchester Virginia and surrounding areas
              C&S Lawn Service

Comment

i know it varies from region to region but in my area come febuary and march if that is when you start on your offseason promo's you will most likely have a not so lucky and busy year.
                Yeah, hopefully I'm right in my strategy and didn't inadvertently hit the snooze button.

Comment

Thankfully I have a full time job but this winter sucks @. I went and bought a snow blower for the winter and we haven't had more than one sprinkle of snow. Last year we had several blizzard. I know this is Oklahoma and I shouldnt have bought it probably but I wanted to try and capitalize on some snow. Oh well I'll just have to keep eating "I told you so cereal" from my wife till I can use it. I saw a guy mulching leaves with his maybe I'll be reduced to that

Comment

We're in AZ where the weather is great in the winter and you suffer through the unbearable heat in the summer. I agree with those who said that getting ready for the Spring with promotional items, marketing, and getting on social media is what should be worked on now.

If you have time, get some new training or add a certification to your services. Lots of training can be found online now. It takes awhile but pays off. And, it's better than just sitting around waiting for something to happen.

Comment

We're in AZ where the weather is great in the winter and you suffer through the unbearable heat in the summer. I agree with those who said that getting ready for the Spring with promotional items, marketing, and getting on social media is what should be worked on now.

If you have time, get some new training or add a certification to your services. Lots of training can be found online now. It takes awhile but pays off. And, it's better than just sitting around waiting for something to happen.
                      As the Thread Title says I Broke not lazy.
                      I have all my flyers ready to go I have my internet ads up and running My equipment is maintained and ready to go,I am keeping in touch with my customers and maintaining my Blog and web site.
                      I am doing networking at community events. Its the work I miss its being suck inside due to lack of Snow removal work.I just like to be busy 10-15 hours a day work work work

Comment

Been over this one already on this forum, I wouldn't do it then and I won't do it now sorry but there are just something I don't do. One is sell my Body (Not that anyone would pay for it) I don't know were I would put all the penny's and pick up dog $hit.
                        Amen brother

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X