No announcement yet.

3 things you'll do this year that you didn't last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Become more motivated to Expand my business, In past years I have taken the lazy way through the busy season. Only doing what has to be done and no more.

2. Actually Expand my businesss, Get another crew going while I am out advertising and giving estimates.

3. Make enough Money to where I dont have to worry about money in the slow season. That has to be the worst part of the business, Stressing through the winter months around here in GA.

4. Dont do work for people that have bad payment history. They either pay before next service or they get no service at all.

I am gonna make it happen this year no matter what it takes!!

Comment

Since we all have access to the web and most of us are experiencing serious boredem do to the lack of snow, a great way to find Property management groups would be at our fingertips. LinkedIn is a great resource for finding anything. There is also groups in our industry that would benefit from GopherHaul.
      I keep hearing about this Linkedin site on here.. what exactally is it? Should I sign up?

Comment

Lawn Care & Snow Removal up north

Well I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and Ive seen NO SNOW for almost a month now. kinda odd since i live in "the great white north".
        for the 3 things ill be doing different this year.

#1. MORE ads. thats onine PPC ads, FB ads (worked the best for me) and good old door to door ads

#2. focus on getting bigger places that pay more.
        (im 100% res. right now, looking to expand, and get into condos & the bigger, more expensive houses)

#3. decals on my s10 blazer.

There is a thousand other new things id like to do this year, but ill have to wait and see if any of my attempts will bear fruit!

www.crystalwaterslawncare.ca

Comment

3 Things This Year

No snow where I live - but all the leaves blow down so I'm cleaning up mountains of leaves etc in winter .

1. Increase local advertising with postcards etc. My website does a good job and gets me about 3 new customers a week but I'd like to double that to 6 and get a new team running.

2. Increase the number of corporate gardens I do. They pay better and are easier to work with.

3. Expand my garden work with a pressure washing service. Just bought my first Briggs and Stratton 3500psi washer and done my first cleaning job. Looked like the mud man when I finished but got it done on time and in the money.

Comment

I keep hearing about this Linkedin site on here.. what exactally is it? Should I sign up?
            Great question. Linkedin is basically a professional networking website where you can list your business info. and connect with other business owners/professionals.

It's actually a great website with a lot of potential to bring traffic to your website and connect with other business minded people like us (Lawn Care Owners). It's ranked 13 in the world! So, it's probably worth your time to at least check it out. If you do look me up "Hansen's Lawn Care" and I'm sure there are a few others from Gopher on LinkedIn.

On another note...there has been some great feedback on this forum. Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed, I'm going to take a note of these things and incorporate them into my business in the future.

Thanks!

Hansen's Lawn Care

Comment

This will be my first real year sooo

1. Continue to tweak my marketing campaign. From upgrading magnets on my truck to vinyl to perking up my website and continuing flier campaigns.

2. Keep signing clients.

3. Get a tan, drink some beer after a lot of days full of hard work.

Comment

This will be my first real year sooo

1. Continue to tweak my marketing campaign. From upgrading magnets on my truck to vinyl to perking up my website and continuing flier campaigns.

2. Keep signing clients.

3. Get a tan, drink some beer after a lot of days full of hard work.
                ill go with #3

who do you have your web site with ???

Comment

1 CHARGE MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dam i went in the hole last year ???

2 get more commercial clients / i now have 5 not bad for my 2ND year in biz

3 get shirts with logo and phone #

still trying to figure out how the hell i went in the hole last year ???

Comment

1. Truck Lettering (already scheduled)
                    2. Attempt to gain at least one commercial account.
                    I already have an in with the church I snow plow and a former employer has said I have a chance b/c they just pick the cheapest bidder. My other plan is to ask my current customers for referrals to their workplaces.
                    3. Utilize my second truck (bought last November for snow plowing) for a second crew or just figure a way to get my money back with the truck.

This is just my quick list, there's a lot of stuff I'm trying to perfect and tune up this year.

Every year so far I have seen my cash flow about double, so that's what I'm expecting/hoping for. I plan on getting an enclosed trailer and a 60in ZTR to complete my fleet, which we know is never totally complete.

Comment

Working...
                    X