No announcement yet.

Oh god

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Scott do you think you will do this again next year ??
    or do you think you will try to get a smaller group of clients of your own to do??
    I'm really not sure anymore. LOL.

I'll most likely continue to provide walkway shoveling service, but maybe set a limit for myself.

If I do have the same amount of clients next year, I will maybe split my route in half, and have someone else take the truck/helper and finish it while I rest.

I suppose I have three options, if I were to maintain the same amount of clients;

1. Create shifts, to allow myself a break while someone else finishes off the route.

2. Try a 3 or more person crew. Maybe even make it so that I don't ever have to leave the truck! ... Either way, normal people need sleep and are less productive when they are tired from working long hours..

3. Buy another truck = NOT happening any time soon! $$$$

-

Honestly, I can't wait to cut grass again. I want to see the grass, I miss it very much.

Comment

Honestly, I can't wait to cut grass again. I want to see the grass, I miss it very much.
      I agree with you 1000000000000000000%
      I really miss the grass.(the mowing kind)

Comment

Scott,

Do you like the way the company you are sub-contracting for is operating the business? Would you like to operate like that in the future?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

"Maybe even make it so that I don't ever have to leave the truck!"

Sounds like the best option to me
          Lawn care and Atlanta weed control is how I pay the bills.

Comment

Scott,

Do you like the way the company you are sub-contracting for is operating the business? Would you like to operate like that in the future?
            To be honest, the company and myself have been through a lot together and see eye to eye on just about everything. The way we work, think, and even complain is extremely similar. We both share the same issues, the ones even all of you think I'm crazy for .... The burden living in my town comes with wacky clients, I promise you that.

We both understand our competition very well, and we have an alliance with each other, as we both have an understanding that we are better off fighting together than on our own, due to our similarities. (we used to be 'family').

In short, we have been involved with each other for several years now in a positive way. We both have the power to hurt each other, but we have no reason to. I used to work for them. before I went rogue... lol

SO ANYWAYS, I suppose I would like to be able to maintain the growth of my company like they are able to. They are pretty good at finding the right staff where as I get stuck with a bunch of crackheads.

I still remember the day they hired me over the phone several years ago, I had never met them before in my life. "Hello? Wanna come cut some grass?". lolololol

ALSO::::

I sometimes feel as if I should go back with them, as I could be a very huge asset towards them and together we can take on the world. I know they feel the same way, and were very upset when I had left. We were the A-Team, it was beautiful.
            Last edited by CHEESE2009; 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

They are pretty good at finding the right staff where as I get stuck with a bunch of crackheads.
              Since they had hired you in the past, what do you feel is the difference between the way you find and hire people versus the way they do it?
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Since they had hired you in the past, what do you feel is the difference between the way you find and hire people versus the way they do it?
                I'm stumped.
                Here are some scenarios that are possible;

Them: They either give everyone a chance/interview.
                Me: I don't have the patience for interviewing, I will do reverse email searches, or ask around.

Them: They hire from other companies.
                Me: I'm scared of starting a war, and I'm not interested in hiring someone out of my age group to be honest. I also don't want to hire someone too clever! If I was older than my boss, I would rip my hair out.

Them: They are bigger and well known, so I'm sure they get lots of calls from those wanting to find work. Perhaps even clients recommend family members/friends to work for them.
                Me: I'm not interested in employing someone related to my client, as it would most likely interfere and become difficult to 'fire' the person.

Them: Their company is run by two people, meaning they are more capable of being brutal with one guy behind the curtain.
                Me: I have to always be the good guy.

I do know one of the owners was in 'business' while the partner was hired from another lawn maintenance company. Very smart. Cool.

Comment

Well it's got to be very interesting for you to work close with them like that because you get a chance to compare and contrast your business with theirs and see what they are doing that you might like to do more of or more like theirs. You also get a chance to see what you don't like that they do and avoid it.

Comment

Working...
                  X