Bidding on Fire Dept Lawn Care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidding on Fire Dept Lawn Care

I already have the contract to cut the grass at the local fire dept weekly along with monthly bed care. Its not a bad jig at all. They would like for me to submi a bit to take over the 8-times a yr. lawn fertilizer, lime, weed & feed, aeration ect. I know how much the other guy is charging, $75 per visit.

Do you think this would be feasible?

WOW first off, I am amazed you got that job! Normally there is at least one guy on the fire dept that has a lawn care business! Or is looking to start one.

How does that price they want compare with similar jobs you perform? Is it within the realm?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

WOW first off, I am amazed you got that job! Normally there is at least one guy on the fire dept that has a lawn care business! Or is looking to start one.

How does that price they want compare with similar jobs you perform? Is it within the realm?
      Well, it helps, I am on the fire dept. haha.

If I were just doing a random fertilizing and aerating job for someone, I would charge more because they are not a weekly customer. If I had to guess, it is probably 8,000 sq. ft.

Comment

Oh well, since it is your own department, that changes things. You could really help make the place look excellent, even adding flowers and landscape design elements. Then use photos of it to market your services to the local community.

Also, I would consider sending in a picture of you working on the property to the local news paper. Maybe send out a press release with the angle of 'Local fire fighter has a green thumb.' Or something like that. I bet the paper would love to show a picture of you taking care of the fire house.

Getting in the paper for something like that could help you get more customers.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
        X