No announcement yet.

Ready for the snow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever find that you can sign up lawn care customers because they want snow removal first? Is it a good selling tool for that?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Tractors out perform trucks in deep, heavy snow any day, they will take the abuse and never miss a heartbeat, I have been using them for over 20 years and we get some pretty serious storms.

The big advantage in this case plowing parking lots is two things, that plow will raise a good 5 feet pushing the banks high, a trusk will not do this and the plow is what we call a quick attach, he can as I do, flip to a bucket that has a tooth bar, I don't care how frozen the bank might be I can move it in no time.

I see he has the PTO salter/sander, you can flip this to a blower in seconds.

Bottom line is cost, these Deere Diesel's sip diesel and they always start no problem at all. Turf's really stick to ice and hardpacked, I too have chains but it's desperate rare I need them.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I see he has the PTO salter/sander, you can flip this to a blower in seconds.
        Do you mean a snow blower? I am not following.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Do you ever find that you can sign up lawn care customers because they want snow removal first? Is it a good selling tool for that?
          I plan to start my lawn company this spring and was hoping to get a jump on it this winter by offering snow removal. I just made a flyer that offers 50% off snow removal with a mowing contract, I wont be making much money on the snow removal but hopefully the discount entices the big payoff in the summer.

Comment

Do you get a lot of snow in your area? This should be interesting to hear your feedback on it as you experiment with this marketing technique.

Comment

I live on the west edge of Omaha NE. We get really windy storms with alot of drifting. I had a 6' drift over my driveway last year. I really needed a snowblower and figured I could just pay it off "actually pay back my savings account" by doing jobs in my area. Since I plan to start up a small yard operation in the spring I figured I could just make it a little easier by getting customers lined up before I even dust off the mower. I won't make much off those accounts in the winter but I will in the summer. I will keep you posted, wish it would snow already...

Comment

I am glad to see you getting started and good luck

Comment

Working...
                X