No announcement yet.

2011 season is over.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need to take a drive through the South End of Halifax, there is tons of leaf clean up jobs, all you have to do is leave flyers, I drive through the South End every day on my way to Seaport and when I was doing leaf jobs we had over 60 clients in the south end alone.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

My problem is two fold
      one I don't have the proper gear for that kind of clean up, (A rake a blower some bags and a strong back)
      Two i have already taken on a winter job.
      I hope to expand next year and get myself a leaf vac
      the kind that you can walk behind.

Comment

My problem is two fold
        one I don't have the proper gear for that kind of clean up, (A rake a blower some bags and a strong back)
        Two i have already taken on a winter job.
        I hope to expand next year and get myself a leaf vac
        the kind that you can walk behind.
        Truck mounted leaf vac, will save you big time. blow everything to truck and suck it up, done deal next property. You could pay for it with a couple properties that is the time you will save, no doubt.

Comment

Well as good as a regular pay check is,
          I do believe I may have pulled the plug a little two quick on the 2011 season.
          I am already planning on moving my closing date til Nov 30th for 2012.
          I was out tonight and bought a second hand leaf vac it a few years old but it runs and has fantastic suction, I think I may make a mounting bracket for the trailer and get a hose for it and rig up a vac trailer. Not sure exactly how I will do it but I will frig with it on the weekend.

Comment

I do believe I may have pulled the plug a little two quick on the 2011 season.
            Were there more clean up jobs that came in or what happened?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well I did get two calls but it more about the weather.
              Its been extremely warm and very sunny.
              I just feel that if I still had the equipment out and running I could have still been working.
              Its just one of those things if I had kept working we would have had two feet of snow by now but because I shut down and put everything away its been nice.
              I set a two dates back in January May 1st start day and Oct 31 Close up.
              I set the dates so I stuck to them. I realize now I made a mistake but I have made other commitments and have to honour them but I am going to expand on it next year and go to Nov 30th.

Comment

Ducke,

When I ran the lawn care and excavation, we started in April and ran until the first snowfall, that was December 18, 2009 and December 9, 2010. I mention this for what it's worth as we are in the same city. At the same time you are correct not knowing, I have seen so much snow on Halloween that we didn't go out, in fact just a few years ago the Atlantic Woodworking show was cancelled as we had a massive snow storm on Remembrance Day, being the 11th.

It's hard to set dates here, had I been running the business this year, it would have been late May before we could have done much, it was simply too wet.
                Andy
                Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
                X