No announcement yet.

Buy American? Or Not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their products aren't cheap $$ wise to the American consumer anymore because they don't have to be to get their products in the stores any longer. We have grown dependent on them and they know it, now they own half or more of the stores in America and 75% or more of the products in all of them is my guess.

Slave labor, we as Americans have been guilty of that ourselves in years past. We have built much of what we have from it. We still are today in many professions in certain parts of the US. (I won't go there!)

When it comes down to it, "We have no one to blame but ourselves". I don't blame China or no one else for our situation. Those that do are being mislead. We as Americans have to pull together and decide to make a change, with time the rest will take care of itself. Is that possible? I don't know!
    Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
    Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
    CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com

Comment

There are two possibilities I see;

1) China: Haha, big American give all the wealth to us - we attack at dawn!

2) China: Without big Amercian, we wouldn't have job to feed family!

Also, lets face it - the Chinese are better at this than us. The materials they use are far less expensive for them to purchase, it doesn't mean the material itself isn't as good as ours.

Comment

I hate to say it, but this all started going downhill with the greed back in the 60's. Not that is when it started but when the me, me, me really took off.

I commend you for keeping the manufacturing in the US. I too buy American when I can. I only go to WalMart anymore maybe once every 2 months for something specific.

If the fish says product of China.... I pass.

It really is the profit margins that are at stake here. They would be better if the executive salaries would be more in line with reality. If you want to give them a big salary, then give them a commission on the sales.

In the end, there is no real clear or easy answer. Since your product does not have components that need to be assembled. Take the Lear Jet for example, the fuselage is made in Ireland, wings I think are made in Mexico and the engines I think are made in Canada but I am less sure about that and they are all assembled in Wichita, KS.

BTW Canadians.... I have been all through the Bombardier factories for the Canada Air Regional jets.... Great place to see and congrats on keeping them home too. They also own Lear Jet.
        Pat

Comment

If I had a product, I would want to take over the world with it.

Make your own nation, buy a private island... ohhh yeahhhh
          Last edited by CHEESE2009; 07-24-2011, 08:36 PM.

Comment

You know there is alot of places doing the made in USA thing, Walmart is for sure, You might not get it to lowes but walmart is a big part of the US. But it is sad that greed is taking over everyone. Here in a few years we will be the USOC (united states of china) You know it's sad we people are not going to get there SS check this month, And look and see how that is going to hurt us. A big part of my business if there not getting payed then im not. and I cant get payed Im going to be out of business.

Comment

You know there is alot of places doing the made in USA thing, Walmart is for sure, You might not get it to lowes but walmart is a big part of the US. But it is sad that greed is taking over everyone. Here in a few years we will be the USOC (united states of china) You know it's sad we people are not going to get there SS check this month, And look and see how that is going to hurt us. A big part of my business if there not getting payed then im not. and I cant get payed Im going to be out of business.
              Walmart has a set of offices dedicated to helping companies find manufactures in china to produce for Walmart stores. That is just advertising just like the low prices that they claim. Shop at a local store and you will find that they are the same prices or lower in most cases. Also look at the made in labels and see if you find many made in the usa at walmart.
              I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Working...
              X