No announcement yet.

Two for Two - Woo-Hoo! First Scheduled Mowing Clients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think there is something else that comes along with pricing jobs higher?

I mean with the proper direction, could you have done this right from the start or did you need to build up your skills and confidence to pull it off?

Is this something that a business owner could more expect to do in the 2nd or 3rd year over the first?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

• Do you think there is something else that comes along with pricing jobs higher?

I mean with the proper direction, could you have done this right from the start or did you need to build up your skills and confidence to pull it off?

Is this something that a business owner could more expect to do in the 2nd or 3rd year over the first?

Well, when most people start out, it seems they have no idea what to charge and even then, there's often the NEED to work - bills to pay and all that, so you "take what you can get."

Once you get past the errors of under-bidding and are OK with walking away unless you get the price you want for a job, you're good to go.

I just turned another one down today. Too hilly, too many trees, push-mow only.
      Pass. Sometimes the money is irrelevant. There are other jobs that will present themselves - I don't need to work any harder than I already do. Some other guy can have that one.
      Last edited by Hedgemaster; 08-29-2013, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Speaking of pricing jobs higher...

I picked up a new account last week and she's paying me $10 a week more than she was paying the clowns that had been mowing her lawn.
        While doing the estimate I asked what she had been paying. "$25" was the reply. I told her that I wouldn't be able to come close to that - my price would be $35/week.

I assumed that would be the end of that. I was wrong. I got the job.

I love hacks. They do half-a$$ed work, get fired, and then people are willing to pay me more to have the work done correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X