Ethanol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethanol

I have been told that our two cylce equipment will have a much shorter life span due to the added ethaonal. I was told anything over 10% is even worse. I have been told that there is not a thing that can be added to the fuel to help prevent damage! I am a manager of a hardware store and have a number of lawn care customers talking about this. One told me today that if the gas sets up for a few days it will seperate and all you will have running through your power equipment is alcohal this will cause scoring in the cylinder.

I have had others tell me that it is no big deal. I know someone on here has the scoop on this issue. What is the truth?

I have been told that our two cylce equipment will have a much shorter life span due to the added ethaonal. I was told anything over 10% is even worse. I have been told that there is not a thing that can be added to the fuel to help prevent damage! I am a manager of a hardware store and have a number of lawn care customers talking about this. One told me today that if the gas sets up for a few days it will seperate and all you will have running through your power equipment is alcohal this will cause scoring in the cylinder.

I have had others tell me that it is no big deal. I know someone on here has the scoop on this issue. What is the truth?
    the problems you hear about ethanol are true... so far no true solution.
    I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

the problems you hear about ethanol are true... so far no true solution.

So...all my Red Max power equipment it going to crap because of this crap. Boy that is hard to take. Thank you and look forward to how I can keep them running the longest with this issue.

Comment

So...all my Red Max power equipment it going to crap because of this crap. Boy that is hard to take. Thank you and look forward to how I can keep them running the longest with this issue.
        Would shaking the equipment to remix the fuel be a solution?
        http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

Do you have the option in your area of not using ethanol? It seems it's better to avoid it.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Do you have the option in your area of not using ethanol? It seems it's better to avoid it.
            I will ask and look around my city and find out if there is such a place. Why would our country do such a thing to it's people?

Comment

Sorry about the short post I was pretty sick yesterday, Ethanol is a problem and will be a problem for a while. Your best bet to avoid problems is to

1. Use Ethanol free fuel www.pure-gas.org can help you find a gas station.

2. shake the gas can before you fill the trimmer.

3. Use a quality fuel mix, not the crap you buy at a box store or the ones that look like ketchup packets.

4. Use Star Tron stabilizer in your fuel if it is stored for any length of time.

5. Use premixed fuel such as SEF at the end of the season as your last tank for storing your equipment.

Ethanol does a few things to the engine

1 it dries out your carb gaskets
              2 it dissolves your fuel lines and plugs your carburetor
              3 it separates your gas causing your cylinder walls to scare from running to lean
              4 it draws water into your gas causing your engine to be hard to start and possibly run like crap
              I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Comment

Would shaking the equipment to remix the fuel be a solution?
                yes and shaking your can before fillup is a must.

Comment

So the closest station is 23 miles away, 33 minutes. How long will the ethanol free gas store? I am trying to figure out if I can store a few cans worth. Driving that distance with any frequency does not seem worth it but with the price of new equipment being the alternative, it may. Could I get a months worth or two or...?

Comment

So the closest station is 23 miles away, 33 minutes. How long will the ethanol free gas store? I am trying to figure out if I can store a few cans worth. Driving that distance with any frequency does not seem worth it but with the price of new equipment being the alternative, it may. Could I get a months worth or two or...?
                    I have seen ethanol free gas last 3 months or more with star tron in it. one of the biggest things you can do is the sef fuel as your last tank so the ethanol does not sit in your carb or your lines.

trust me as soon as I find a solution it will be in my store.

Comment

Thank you so much. What a huge help. I found a gas station in my area.

Do I need to buy only for two cycle or all my equipment.

Sorry about the short post I was pretty sick yesterday, Ethanol is a problem and will be a problem for a while. Your best bet to avoid problems is to

1. Use Ethanol free fuel www.pure-gas.org can help you find a gas station.

2. shake the gas can before you fill the trimmer.

3. Use a quality fuel mix, not the crap you buy at a box store or the ones that look like ketchup packets.

4. Use Star Tron stabilizer in your fuel if it is stored for any length of time.

5. Use premixed fuel such as SEF at the end of the season as your last tank for storing your equipment.

Ethanol does a few things to the engine

1 it dries out your carb gaskets
                      2 it dissolves your fuel lines and plugs your carburetor
                      3 it separates your gas causing your cylinder walls to scare from running to lean
                      4 it draws water into your gas causing your engine to be hard to start and possibly run like crap

Comment

personally I recommend it for all of your equipment, but 2cycle is the most important. All engines with carburetors have problems with ethanol.

Comment

personally I recommend it for all of your equipment, but 2cycle is the most important. All engines with carburetors have problems with ethanol.
                          Thank you for all rhe information. I saw an aditive call ethanol shield. Does this help at all?

Comment

Thank you for all rhe information. I saw an aditive call ethanol shield. Does this help at all?
                            I have found no proof that it does, but I have people testing it. I am someone that feels I should test every product before I tell my customers it is good to use.

Comment

Has anyone found this to be an issue with warranty work?
                              Any hidden disclaimers not covering problems due to ethanol fuel?

I can't wait for my brand new snowblower to not work next season because of this crap gas.

Comment

Working...
                              X