Measuring Wheel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring Wheel

I have a measuring wheel and wanted to know if anyone out there uses one to bid lawn mowing jobs? I have not used it yet because I have no clue to how one would come up with a sq. foot price. I know the wheel will not take into fact of trees, slops, etc. but I could work around that.

My wife who is my book keeper feels that it would cuase us to be more consistent in that footage does not lie.

I use a wheel when I am measuring to do mulch jobs. When it comes to quoting for mowing jobs, I just do a visual and say this will take me so long so $$ is what I will charge. I just get a feel for what I should charge.
    http://www.lunchesruslawncare.com

Comment

I have a measuring wheel and wanted to know if anyone out there uses one to bid lawn mowing jobs? I have not used it yet because I have no clue to how one would come up with a sq. foot price.
      First off, you need to know your overhead costs. How much do you need to make per hour.

That will allow you to come up with a minimum figure you will need to charge just to show up to a persons house. From there you will have to charge an additional fee based on the sq ft.

You need to consider, how long such a sq. ft property will take you to service, based on your equipment.

Then you add these two figures up and you will have a fee that will allow you to profit evenly, whether you are mowing a large lawn or a small one. your profit should be proportional to the amount of time you are spending on each property.

You should experiment with the online lawn care business calculators here and you will start to see how important it is to know the size of the property and how that equates to time spent servicing it.

Does that help?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
      X