New Webpage is up and runnin!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Webpage is up and runnin!!!!

just created the new webpage check it out!!

www.prolawncare.tk

Pro Lawn Care logo created by Matt with M.A.K. landscaping and webpage assistance by Hungry Goat lawn care
    JLH Pro Lawn Care
    (386) 235-0567
    jlhprolawncare@gmail.com
    www.jlhprolawncare.com

Why did you get a domain for Tokelau?
    Pat

Comment

Why did you get a domain for Tokelau?
      Huh? dottk is a free domain service not Tokelau, check the link

http://www.dot.tk Renaming The Internet
      JLH Pro Lawn Care
      (386) 235-0567
      jlhprolawncare@gmail.com
      www.jlhprolawncare.com

Comment

Will that domain be an issue of people do not recognize it? Also, do you own it? Will you be able to renew it?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.tk

http://www.freewebspace.net/free/Fre.../-2Etk/details

your web site is the lowest cost form of advertising you do. you only have one shot to impress the customer. a .tk is not how to do it. if you can not afford $12 for the domain and $10 per month for hosting and email then don't make a site. or go with $10 per year for domain, hosting and email from Google Sites. the problem is you are limited there too like no paypal on google sites

you see me being the customer would look for .tk to find out what it is and after finding out it was another country I did not know of, I would think scam immediately.
          Pat

Comment

... if you can not afford $12 for the domain and $10 per month ...
            Heck, you can get hosting for $2 per month. I agree with TCD, .tk is spammer's paradise. I'm not even clicking on that link.

Didn't we just go through this .tk junk a few weeks ago?
            Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

... Didn't we just go through this .tk junk a few weeks ago?
              oops, I seem to have mentioned a deleted thread. Apologies.

Comment

tk should not be a problem. It's all about who you are and what you've provided to your customers. If your long term customer flips out and changes services because of your website, then there are bigger issues currently happening, and its not with you.

I would recommend using the website as a hyper link - Click here for more information is an example. I have weebly, does this affect my credibility? Will people think I'm a scam based on my website, or will they call me first?
                It takes at least two steps to be 3 steps ahead!

Comment

... I have weebly, does this affect my credibility? Will people think I'm a scam based on my website, or will they call me first?
                  Unfortunately, it does affect your credibility. Whenever I see a business site that has "this site built with some sort of free service" I pass. If they're not going to put forth the effort to have a proper site it makes me wonder about all the services they offer. It's an example of having no site is better than having a bad one.

Comment

before I read anything, I want to make a post;

I am paying for www.ipage.com hosting.

They offer more than you can imagine, Weebly website building is included if you want it ************************ and instead of upgrading your account to get more "tools".... You can cheat the system and create your own if you know how - or know someone who knows how

I save myself over $10/month

My website for example

www.breezelawnservice.ca

with flash, you can create an infinite amount of webpages - so don't pay for it lol

Just pay for the proper hosting and domain name

Comment

oops, I seem to have mentioned a deleted thread. Apologies.
                      You are absolutely right! We did see another page on here with the .tk top level domain. Many posts were about how it probably was a scam and was installing malware on viewers computers.

So I deleted it because I thought it was probably spam too.

Yikes! If I did that, how will the general public respond?
                      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

You are absolutely right! We did see another page on here with the .tk top level domain. Many posts were about how it probably was a scam and was installing malware on viewers computers.

So I deleted it because I thought it was probably spam too.

Yikes! If I did that, how will the general public respond?
                        Ah, thanks Steve.

I'm not being critical just to be. It is a serious concern. $8 for a real domain name is a small price to pay to instill some trust.

Comment

I agree with you. I don't bash anyone on here. If there is a serious concern, I want to point it out so it can be corrected quickly and minimize any financial damage it may cause the business owner.

Comment

Will that domain be an issue of people do not recognize it? Also, do you own it? Will you be able to renew it?

I own it and renewing will not be an issue) as for people not recognizing it possibly but the website is just one of many ways to advertise so I am betting on the fact that it will be connected to me and Pro Lawn Care's youtube channel and Facebook fan page as well as print advertising that the .tk will be of little concern
                            JLH Pro Lawn Care
                            (386) 235-0567
                            jlhprolawncare@gmail.com
                            www.jlhprolawncare.com

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.tk

http://www.freewebspace.net/free/Fre.../-2Etk/details

your web site is the lowest cost form of advertising you do. you only have one shot to impress the customer. a .tk is not how to do it. if you can not afford $12 for the domain and $10 per month for hosting and email then don't make a site. or go with $10 per year for domain, hosting and email from Google Sites. the problem is you are limited there too like no paypal on google sites

you see me being the customer would look for .tk to find out what it is and after finding out it was another country I did not know of, I would think scam immediately.

Well I will say this, should it truly become a issue I will consider either taking it down or moving it to a more mainstream dot com but for now its just one more piece of the puzzle and is as inexpensive as it gets.
                              JLH Pro Lawn Care
                              (386) 235-0567
                              jlhprolawncare@gmail.com
                              www.jlhprolawncare.com

Comment

Working...
                              X