Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breeze

Hey Scott,

I was reading about the storm you received yesterday, 25cm with high winds, how is the snow removal going?

We had severe winds and flooding but not real serious.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Hey Scott,

I was reading about the storm you received yesterday, 25cm with high winds, how is the snow removal going?

We had severe winds and flooding but not real serious.

It's a big one. Worse than I thought. I was out from 7pm - 3:30am

I was the only person on the road from (seriously), the city felt abandoned!
    ...fun as heck driving through mounds of snow on every street. I felt as if I had the entire city to myself in a way, I could drive however I choose - center of the road, oncoming lane... reversing through main intersections... I had a blast...

I could just floor it down one major street for 20 minutes and it'd still be only me outside. I never experienced this before, I can't get over it... Every house was buried with snow, I almost believed the city/competitors decided to quit! It was a crazy to see absolutely nothing but mountains of snow.

I went to the McDonalds drive through out of curiosity and to be an a-hole to the slackers who thought they didn't have to work, plowed my way through - lmao... Waited 30 minutes (only person there) for a cheeseburger with stale bread... took a few bites and out the window it went!

When the tractors came out, it was a fun game of "dodge the tractors" the fog was really bad and going 40kph felt like I was going 70kph in these conditions.

I didn't sleep to well either, I think it's the thought that it hasn't stopped snowing from yesterday - I'm going back out in an hour or so... it will be the third time for my customers.

Conclusion:

I had a blast, the snow was fluffy (powdery) and easy to move, it was a heck of a lot of it to move though. The snow came down pretty fast too, as soon as you clear out an area - give it about an hour and it'll be worse than before.

For driveways, save them till a few hours before people head to work (tractors)... I had to continuously do my walkways as the job(s) would have been really difficult had I waited for all the snow to come down a.k.a doing it in one shot.

It was not a Winter Wonderland, it was hell on earth.

Comment

Here is Scott, burying the local kids in snow.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eal6BruyUTQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eal6BruyUTQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Glad to hear you are fine, this could be a gold mine for you!

In 2004 we had what they called White Juan, we received 153 cm of snow, it was so much I couldn't even get down our street with a full sized tractor or ATV for three days, took 7 hours to plow my own driveway with the International Super H and the city was shut down for a week.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Somewhere on one of my computers I have images of this 2004 storm, I was searching my laptop and found three, these are from friends in the city.
          Attached Files
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Somewhere on one of my computers I have images of this 2004 storm, I was searching my laptop and found three, these are from friends in the city.
            HOLY %&#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one hell of a winter!

The snow has pretty much stopped for now down here, might start up tomorrow - gotta check the weather. My customers love my work because I really clear the heck out the area. Full walkway, & up to where they park their vehicles. I dust off their mats and get the snow out of creases and furniture.. Looks good.

We'll see how long I can keep it up... the snow hasn't turned solid yet... that should be interesting..

Comment

Those are some amazing pictures!
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
              X