Bought a GPS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a GPS!

So it's the end of the season, best time to buy a GPS (just kidding). I will be using it for doing snow removal. It's very difficult to see addresses on houses when they are covered in snow, or when it's just dark out.

Anyway, so I got this new 'toy' and I'm obviously going to putter around with it all day.

'GARMIN nuvi 205W series' <- bla bla bla

I swear to god, I wish I could be a taxi driver now.

"TURN LEFT, TURN LEFT, TURN LEFT" <- about to crap my pants "I CANT GO LEFT ANYMORE!!!" jks...

Nah, this is a very cool tool. Nice an accurate.

I thought I'd be wasting my money, as I'd never figure out how to use it - but it's pretty straightforward.

I programmed my house address into it, while sitting idle a block away... That 2 second drive was awesome. "You are now arriving at your home"

hahaha! .... I obviously didn't stay home, I ended up programming a few other addresses into it and driving around...

THE UPSETTING PART OF MY DAY;

After I bought this toy from BestBuy (worst service ever as usual).
    I decided to grab a bite at McDonalds, though I couldn't find my credit card! I must have left it at BestBuy, with their stupid updated machines...

It's rare to see a truck screeeeeech out of a McDonalds parking lot and make it across an intersection before the red light within a blink of an eye. I don't know if I got stares from terrified pedestrians, or they were just checking out my cool new GPS! LOL

In the end, I found my credit card... booya !

I honestly couldn't run this company without GPS in all the trucks, we run Garmin as, IMHO they are the best unit on the market.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I just have to figure out how to change the voice, listening to a female nag me on directions is the last thing I want.

'She' also can't pronounce the street names properly...

E.g (rue = street in French)

Rue Graham pronounced, "ROO Gray-Ham"

She says, "RUHGRUM" .... very interesting...

I'm sure I can find a way to download voices and such, I'm just completely lazy right now...

here's a funny pic;

Comment

I can't stand any of the voices or a back seat driver so I leave it on mute.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I didn't know you could do that!

Damn right... that's why it has a volume control! hahaha

I'm bored out of my mind, I wanna go drive around and play with the gps...

Comment

I have used my Garmin for archival purposes for almost 6 years.
            I carry it absolutely everywhere I go. Each night, I download the trip log to my computer.

If there is ever a question where I was, when I was there, and how long I was there for, I have proof in the form of my trip log.

I also sync my camera's clock with the GPS clock. So, when I take a picture, I know exactly when and where the picture was taken.

GPS is one of the best inventions ever.

Keith
            Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

I'm going to invent a GPS that either lies or pressures you into driving to places you don't want to.

GPS, "Go through the field... common... no one will see, it'll cut 3 minutes off our time!"

GPS, "Turn right here... haha, you can't! - sucker!"

or...

GPS, "Lost huh? I'm not telling you where to go! Unless you go HERE first" *Destination, Mexico*

Instead of a car or an arrow as your position marker, it'll be a middle finger... or a smirking face, that chuckles at your expense...

Just imagine it saying, "Get out of the car... get out now..." the doors lock... and poisonous fumes come out of the air vents. "You must find another way out of this vehicle, but I wont tell you how... You have 5 minutes until you will die, your final destination is death today"

Saw ^^^^

It will also make you drive a lot faster and dangerously... "If you pull over as the police request, I will blow this vehicle up" as a sound of your family crying LOL through the GPS speaker.... "Want to see them again?"
              Last edited by CHEESE2009; 11-15-2010, 10:11 PM.

Comment

LOL

I rented a car from Hertz once and ended up in a part of Boston that I should not have been in. I was using their GPS. There are 2 streets with the same name.

Landed at 10 pm found the hotel @ 2:30 am

This was when they were new.
                Pat

Comment

I'll have what HE'S having!

ROFLMAO!!!

Comment

I have muted the gps a number of times and then on a long cruise, I missed a turn because I wasnt paying attention. When I finally turned the voice back on, I kept waiting for a sarcastic voice to say 'I bet I don't sound so annoying now as you have to back track, do I? do I? do I? do I?' LOL
                    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I 'downloaded/uploaded' a voice to my GPS, "Horror Voice" sounds scary...

Anyway, I was on my way to drop off my tractor to get the choke fixed and I just about crapped my pants.

First off, I NEVER drive with my window closed... It's a comfort thing, rain, snow, etc... Can't have it closed... Which means I can't even make out what the GPS is saying with all the wind... lol

So the noise I did heard from my GPS sounded like a car scraping against my truck - this downloaded voice says things at random to keep you 'awake' I guess... though it couldn't have been at a worse time.

I don't need that noise at 7am man... I was hardly awake and without my coffee. I ended up looking in all my mirrors and checking out other cars to see who the f' hit me... then I realized it was the A-Hole in my GPS....

The voice got fired today lol.... I'm going to downloaded a more 'female seductive' voice for my GPS...

"Turn here baby" lol

I want a GPS that's more like a super computer... one I can talk to and have discussions like;

Scott: GPS, give me the overall vehicle statistics please.

GPS: I am on it Mr. Scott, I see here you are low on fuel and nearing a gas station - I advice you to fill up now. I also recommend you put up your damn window, there's a blizzard going on you 'tard..... By the way sir, you look rather handsome today, how is the family?

....I'd love that...

Comment

hahaha he said "tard".

I like this nut!

Comment

Scott maybe even a heads up display like in terminator? LOL

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LUZgPfdkWis?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LUZgPfdkWis?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

You have no idea how bad I want one of those. Just staring at a property it'll quote the job for me, tell me how high the grass is, etc... lmao

"Terminate the weeds"

Scott maybe even a heads up display like in terminator? LOL

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LUZgPfdkWis?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LUZgPfdkWis?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

LOL there are sooooo many voice downloads out there you can get. I had no idea!

Billy Bob The Cussing Redneck
                              Bubba's Nasty Cousin. We caught him on a cussin day. Heck every day is a cussin day for Billy Bob. Be surprised around each corner with this guy riding shotgun with you. Put cotton in them kids' ears.

http://www.pigtones.com/

HAHAHHAHAH Imagine just having someone in the car with you and they have no idea what to expect when this gps unit starts cursing! HAHHAHAHAHHA

Comment

Working...
                              X