November Weather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, the first Christmas craft show was yesterday and it was amazing
    Did you get much of a chance to check out what others in your area were offering? Did you see any products (homemade or not) that really stood out?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Did you get much of a chance to check out what others in your area were offering? Did you see any products (homemade or not) that really stood out?
      The craft shows we attend are the upper end, sometimes referred to as "One Of A Kind" you have to go through a Jury just to get it, I only attend these kind of shows as I don't want to get into what we call the Flea Market Shows.

Things I saw that were around us (these shows are desperate busy so it's next too impossible to get a look around time) various birds cut out and put together using a scroll saw, he used various woods that naturally matched the bird body part, his work was simply amazing. The other one that really cought my eye was snakes that were flexible and made out of wood in various natural wood colors, some turnings were really something to see also as I know the time, skill and effort required.

Here are three business cards I picked up, the fellow who makes the birds is Paul Arbour, we have been friends for years and his work is top drawer.

http://www.arbourdesigns.com/

http://virtualcritters.ca/

http://www.inklingsinwood.com/
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Those are amazing products! WOW! It would be a wild experience to see them actually work their magic and put these pieces together!
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Those are amazing products! WOW! It would be a wild experience to see them actually work their magic and put these pieces together!
          It's the WOW products that really sell, you need to design/make products that can not be bought in a store and the competition can't match, those of us that go down this road do very, very well. Granted I have been doing this for over 30 years as a hobby and profession, I perfect all joinery, study interesting joints, basically think outside the box. We also work with over 76 species from all over the world, everything we do is the natural color of the wood. It also took the better part of 18 years to get the tools I have due to cost but they are really worth it in the end.

Paul (builds the birds) does Very, Very well. I spoke with him Saturday and he is not doing very many shows this year as he can't keep up. After you have been in the show market for a few years you name gets out, you just sit back, take the orders, make the product and ship. I have been attending craft shows for 14+ years so we only attend a few as we have more work than we know what to do with.
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I bet he could get his birds sold through cabella's or bass pro shop catalogs as well if he wanted too!

Comment

Working...
            X