Ran into an old friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy,

When it comes to digging pools, how do results differ from one business owner to the next? What makes for a good pool job versus a bad one?
    Being able to read the grade, tapering the pool in this case from 9 feet to 4 but keeping everything within the grade, my experience comes from woodworking, I can spot something that isn't bang on in seconds, when it comes to excavation it carried over and is second nature, this pool company has called me three times today.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Does it matter to them your ability to speed through the job? I am guessing the better you are, the faster you can dig them out, but is this a big deal to the pool company or do they tend to just over schedule the time they feel it will take to dig it out?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Does it matter to them your ability to speed through the job? I am guessing the better you are, the faster you can dig them out, but is this a big deal to the pool company or do they tend to just over schedule the time they feel it will take to dig it out?
        They are having issues finding quality excavation companies that are available, if you are a good company, the waiting list is very long, same with us.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Are there a lot of people who work as excavators that just learn how to do jobs badly or sloppy and never improve their skills because it's somewhat 'functional'? Or maybe there is just such a high turnover with these employees, none of them ever have enough time to learn the trade?

How do you explain explain the lack of quality in the industry?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
          X