Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Hey guys, I need some advice. I need a push mower. I have just recently landed some nice,well paying yards that are plush bermuda grass. My ZTR cuts beautifully, but the deck is too large for some of the yards. What I mean is, that there are a couple that have beautiful grass, but the ground has several rises and swags. I cut one for the first time this week and scalped it in several places. My mower has a 48" deck, and it's just too large. I'm trying to be the guy that fixes the cheap cuts, not the one doing them.I'm thinking a 32" or 36" walk behind, but I've never used one. Any suggestions? Maybe even something smaller? What brands? Any help would be appreciated.

My next trim mower will be the Toro personal pace.
    www.montgomerysqualitylawncare.com

Comment

I have one and I hate it. I love Toro but the personal pace blows lol. Go with a commercial Toro or Exmark.

Comment

If you're going to use it in a professional setting it's not going to last very long.
        Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

You could look into a Sutech 33in. Most people hate them for commercial work but if its most flatly ground with a few bumps it works great. It does take some work to move it around cause each tire is not independly driven. I like it and seems to have lasted a long time. 02 rebuilt motor last year, Bought it off my cusin and lets just say they dont really take care of their equipment like I do. So for it to have lasted this long in descent shape is a testament to me of their durability. Looking into buying a new one maybe at the beginning of next year.
          Colton
          Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

... if its most flatly ground with a few bumps it works great. ...
            That doesn't address the issue stated though. If the ground is flat he could simply use his ZTR.

Comment

That doesn't address the issue stated though. If the ground is flat he could simply use his ZTR.
              I thought the issue was to wide a deck it was scalping the high spots. So he wanted a smaller mower and I sugested one. It will be able to handle the bumps. Ive just heard it was horrible for use in hilly areas. Sorry for the confusion.
              Colton
              Mountain View Greenskeeper proudly offering yard care in the East Valley of Arizona.

Comment

Hey guys, I need some advice. I need a push mower. I have just recently landed some nice,well paying yards that are plush bermuda grass. My ZTR cuts beautifully, but the deck is too large for some of the yards. What I mean is, that there are a couple that have beautiful grass, but the ground has several rises and swags. I cut one for the first time this week and scalped it in several places. My mower has a 48" deck, and it's just too large. I'm trying to be the guy that fixes the cheap cuts, not the one doing them.I'm thinking a 32" or 36" walk behind, but I've never used one. Any suggestions? Maybe even something smaller? What brands? Any help would be appreciated.
                scag 36'' or bobcat 36''

Comment

I thought the issue was to wide a deck it was scalping the high spots. So he wanted a smaller mower and I sugested one. It will be able to handle the bumps. Ive just heard it was horrible for use in hilly areas. Sorry for the confusion.
                  I may have misunderstood your comment. Carry on.

Comment

Get yourself an Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36". I have one. There is no yard I cannot cut with it, entirely!

Make sure it's an HP, as all HP's are hydro.

Comment

Working...
                    X