Service Magic update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Magic update

Hey, so it's been a few weeks since I started using service magic for leads. So far so good. I had 6 leads in 2 weeks. Nothing last week. I landed all but1 of them. That one hasn't said yes or no. It's a reseed job so i'm gonna follow up in the next few days.

One was landscaping wich I ended up netting 200 in 3 hours of work. 3 lawn care accounts, 1 of which is about every 3 weeks. and some aerating.

all in all I think it was a good investment.

That is fantastic! Have you found most of these to be one time jobs or any re-occurring jobs?

Have these customers been interested in any additional upsells while you are there?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

what was your initial investment? How much did/does it cost you?

Comment

I got 3 lawn care jobs out of it. Two weekly one every 3 weeks. Also, I got one aerating but the guy mows his own lawn. one landscaping- mulch, seeding, bush trimming...

Yesterday I got two calls. One for a one time mow and one for a grading job.

my initial investment was $49 for a lifetime membership and then i get charged for each lead. I think it was like $5 for the aerating lead, and $12 for the mowing leads and if it is landscaping related I believe its up to $32 because you tend to make more on those.

over all It's been worth it.

Comment

I am glad it is working out!

With this going on, have you found yourself doing any other marketing or has this been good enough for now?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I also advertise on craigslist and have fliers. Though, I haven't distributed fliers because craigslist and service magic have kept me busy enough. We've been getting so much rain that I wouldn't be able to keep up with more jobs. so for now this is good.

Comment

Is there any way of knowing, when you sign up with service magic, how many competitors are on there in your local area?

I would think that the more competitors using the service, in one area, the less effective it would be.

What's your view on that?

Comment

Is there any way of knowing, when you sign up with service magic, how many competitors are on there in your local area?

I would think that the more competitors using the service, in one area, the less effective it would be.

What's your view on that?
                thru service magic, only a total of 3 contractors are suppose to rec the lead

Comment

I signed up with service magic and picked up 2 accounts so far, been about 5 days being listed.

Overall good experience so far.

Comment

I'm not sure how helpful service magic can be in smaller towns. I live in one of these areas in PA.

After reading this post I have decided to give them a try and see what happens. I will update as things develop.
                    www.montgomerysqualitylawncare.com

Comment

I'm not sure how helpful service magic can be in smaller towns. I live in one of these areas in PA.

After reading this post I have decided to give them a try and see what happens. I will update as things develop.
                      I look forwards to hearing your review on it. I am sure the size of the town can greatly effect things as well as the amount of competition on there.

Comment

Change of plans

I decided to do little research before pulling the trigger on SM services. The internet is polluted with complains about them, bogus leads and charging for them anyway. ( The old saying ď if its seems to good to be true it probably is ď.

I have registered with them and was instructed they would contact me for more information. I havenít given a credit card # yet and wonít be completing the sign up.

Too risky, Plan is to continue with what I know works - if you need leads, go get them myself.

Comment

Any updates

Hey, so it's been a few weeks since I started using service magic for leads. So far so good. I had 6 leads in 2 weeks. Nothing last week. I landed all but1 of them. That one hasn't said yes or no. It's a reseed job so i'm gonna follow up in the next few days.

One was landscaping wich I ended up netting 200 in 3 hours of work. 3 lawn care accounts, 1 of which is about every 3 weeks. and some aerating.

all in all I think it was a good investment.
                          So how have the leads been thru SM ? Are you still happy with them?

Just wondering, I started about 6 weeks ago signing up with them and got cold feet.

Comment

I've been using service magic for 4-5 months now. I would rate it a 8/10. There are several variables to how may leads you get. The quality of leads are good. I've had a few that were kicking tires, but over all I have about a 65-70% closing on the appointments that I set. It's well worth the investment!!

Ray

Comment

I decided to do little research before pulling the trigger on SM services. The internet is polluted with complains about them, bogus leads and charging for them anyway. ( The old saying ď if its seems to good to be true it probably is ď.

I have registered with them and was instructed they would contact me for more information. I havenít given a credit card # yet and wonít be completing the sign up.

Too risky, Plan is to continue with what I know works - if you need leads, go get them myself.
                              I had cold feet at first because of the on line bashing that I saw. I just went in head 1st and to date have not been dissatisfied yet. There are some leads that are bogus, but they will credit you for a future lead. Let me know If you want my contact person there. Dane was awesome to work with and was able to answer any and all questions.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                              X