Service Magic update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ray, thatís good information.
    Can I ask if you live in or near a big city? I was wondering if that would have any impact on quantity / quality of leads.
    www.montgomerysqualitylawncare.com

Comment

There are some leads that are bogus, but they will credit you for a future lead. Ray
      Can you tell me what you mean by bogus? Also, how does SM determine the calls are bogus (thus crediting your account)?

I've mulled over using them for months, but just not sure.
      "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business." - Henry Ford

Touchton's Complete Lawn Care

Comment

Can you tell me what you mean by bogus? Also, how does SM determine the calls are bogus (thus crediting your account)?

I really shouldnít be slamming another businesses, I donít personally have any first hand experience with them. My cold feet came after a google search for sericemagic complaint. Like anything else you find good and bad feedback.
        www.montgomerysqualitylawncare.com

Comment

A credit is fine and dandy but they are taking MY CASH! In essence they are forcing you to provide them with a loan. Not me
          Pat

Comment

Thanks Ray, thatís good information.
            Can I ask if you live in or near a big city? I was wondering if that would have any impact on quantity / quality of leads.
            Hey Buddy, Yes I do live in a large area. I'm in the Sacramento area, but only do business mainly in 1 county. I like to stay as close to home as I can. Regarding Service Magic. You can actually call them and they will let you know how may request they have in a specific area. If you give them 3-4 zip codes they will let you know. I spend about $200/MO and get 8 or so new accounts a month. I could get more if I spent more $. Hope this info helps a bit.

Ray

Comment

I've mulled over using them for months, but just not sure.
              Bogus meaning that some random person put in a request and did not give the proper info. Lots of time they think they get pricing if they just give basic info. In the last 5 months I have had a total of 5. SM credited me back for all 5.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Comment

A credit is fine and dandy but they are taking MY CASH! In essence they are forcing you to provide them with a loan. Not me
                You only pay for the leads that you get. So "loaning" them money isn't correct in my opinion. You pay per lead and they supply you with that lead. Like I mention I have had a few "bogus" leads but they credit you for future leads. Nothing is full proof. I have nothing bad to say about sm. I have starting using the exclusively for my leads. I'm on CL and those customers are a waist of time. With sm you know they are actively looking for a service professional.

Ray

Comment

You only pay for the leads that you get. So "loaning" them money isn't correct in my opinion. You pay per lead and they supply you with that lead. Like I mention I have had a few "bogus" leads but they credit you for future leads. Nothing is full proof. I have nothing bad to say about sm. I have starting using the exclusively for my leads. I'm on CL and those customers are a waist of time. With sm you know they are actively looking for a service professional.

Ray
                  Nothing is fool proof but with the line in red, your statement, you are loaning them money. They don't give your money back only a credit for future leads. Bogus in my opinion. Now multiply that by all the contractors that are signed up and that is a tidy sum. How often do these bogus leads come in? Once a month?
                  Pat

Comment

I'm on CL and those customers are a waist of time. Ray
                    We've had very good luck with Craigslist. I know that not everyone likes CL, but I did want to put my two cents in here.

Thanks for the info on SM. More for us to consider.
                    "A business that makes nothing but money is a poor kind of business." - Henry Ford

Touchton's Complete Lawn Care

Comment

Working...
                    X