Here we grow again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comfort seat

Did you go with what they call the comfort seat option, OMG it is worth it's weight in gold!
    No I didn't. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow. Is it expensive?

I have an appointment later this week with a home builder developing a gated community on Lake Robinson. Says he cleared 11 acres of forest and wants the lots leveled and sodded after construction and preferably sold. There will be 10 homes and a display model with 26 more acres of forest.

Steve

Comment

No I didn't. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow. Is it expensive?

I have an appointment later this week with a home builder developing a gated community on Lake Robinson. Says he cleared 11 acres of forest and wants the lots leveled and sodded after construction and preferably sold. There will be 10 homes and a display model with 26 more acres of forest.

Steve
      Oh Steve and I mean really trust me on this one, get the upgrade to the comfort seat, you will be shocked and I mean shocked, we can mow or go across very rough terrain and it's like riding on air, I have honestly never seen anything like it. I don't recall what the cost was honestly but after I experienced this seat I ordered them for many of our tractors, you dial in your weight, adjust lower back support to what you want and holy smokes you could run this thing 16 hours on rough properties and never have a sore back, which is my beef with ZTR's.

Congratulations on this community, I would have to see it but if the excavation company left you a reasonable surface the 749 with the box blade will work fine, you should get them to put a top link cylinder on it and use the lower control by the steering wheel, what it does is change the angle of attack on the fly.

If you are going to get into this type of jobs, the 749 is not the machine, you need a 2305 or a 2320 which is actually cheaper but is built for landscape work and with turfs it could be used for mowing, I just find them a bit heavy. These two tractors (2305 & 2320) are built like a brick out house when it comes to landscaping, no matter what you seem to ask they just do it, any you can put a backhoe on, we have one on a 2305 and 2520 but they hardly see any work as we now have four excavators and they are simply faster and I can get into pretty much anywhere, will probably sell our backhoes back the next time we buy gear.

Better call your dealer before you take delivery and get his opinion.
      Last edited by picframer; 06-14-2010, 04:55 AM.
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

long story short they were fired and its a $50,000 clean up, everything they did was wrong and it is the worst mess I have seen. It was late but I will post pictures next week as we are taking it on.
        I'd love to see the project and see what you felt they did wrong at the job site!
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I'd love to see the project and see what you felt they did wrong at the job site!
          See my post from this evening
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

If I add that My bill will be about $18,800 + tax (8%).
            I don't know how this differs from buying a car, but when you are buying a tractor with 8% sales tax on it, that is $1504.

Are you better off buying it out of state and hauling it back to avoid the sales tax? Or do you have to register it somehow and that is where they will get you with the sales tax?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Buy here

I don't know how this differs from buying a car, but when you are buying a tractor with 8% sales tax on it, that is $1504.

Are you better off buying it out of state and hauling it back to avoid the sales tax? Or do you have to register it somehow and that is where they will get you with the sales tax?
              Here you have to register it. It is taxed as real property just like your home which you are billed yearly (due Jan 15th.). Tractors over 15 HP.

All trailers must be licienced now (just started this year. Before you had to licience only if it had advertising on it or a capacity of over 1 ton). Now all trailers must be licienced if you take them on public roads. The good point is the licience is good for the life of the trailer.

Steve

Comment

Here you have to register it. It is taxed as real property just like your home which you are billed yearly (due Jan 15th.). Tractors over 15 HP.

All trailers must be licienced now (just started this year. Before you had to licience only if it had advertising on it or a capacity of over 1 ton). Now all trailers must be licienced if you take them on public roads. The good point is the licience is good for the life of the trailer.

Steve
                Holy smokes you are lucky, we have to register and plate all tractors over 18 hp, trailer license cost is based on how much weight it can haul, some of my trailers cost me over $250 a year each just for license, and when they have electric brakes add another $64 per trailer for an annual inspection and sticker, and don't forget up here my insurance card has to show every friggin piece of equipment, talk about a PITA as each truck has to carry everything as we never know what truck is going to have what trailer with what equipment, don't have it with you? No problem, $1,000.00 fine, trust me it happend to me last year, I went to court and beat it but I have a damn good lawyer.
                Andy
                Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

I never would have thought anything over 15 - 18 hp had to be registered!

It's amazing all these costs that creep up.

Comment

Working...
                  X