Mower problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mower problems

I have two problems with my Exmark 60inch walk behind. First the other day while cutting a lawn hydro fluid began to squirt out of the ehaust hole on top of the filler cap and the container was veery hot to the touch, second I have tried everything Pb blaster wd 40 breaker bars, I just can't seem too loosen the bolts on two of my bades, my impact wrench will not budge it ( I have a 2 gallon tank and a 7000 impact wrench.

Have you ever had the blades off this mower in the past or will this be the first time you are changing them?

Did you buy it from a dealer? Is it possible you could take it back to them and have them use a higher air powered impact wrench to get those bolts off?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I have had the blades off before and I thought about anti seize lubricant, but I guess due to extreme sunburn I forgot to use it and now my breaker bar is breaking me. I guess off to the dealer I go. Thanx

Comment

I had the same thing happen to me with my turf tiger. I called the dealer, they told me to heat up the bolt with a torch. It worked like a charm.

Comment

I've found, higher pressure impact wrenches work better than breaker bars. In fact, I have snapped more bolts with a breaker bar than an impact wrench.

I guess if you snap it off, you can always drill it out and rethread it, but that is a pain.

Keep us posted on how this goes.
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
          Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X