Gettin into Snow Removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettin into Snow Removal

Hello. I am newer to this Forum. My name is DJ and I live in South Western Ohio. I am looking to get into the Snow Removal this winter. Me and a buddy are doing it together. He has an f350 he is going to get a plow for. We also have a bobcat and dump trailer. I have a 2002 dodge 1500 that I am debating on getting a plow for. Do yall think I should get a plow for it or upgrade to a f250 or f350? The truck is paid off, but I hate putting a bunch of money into a very light duty truck that is going to break more than it should. I Shoe horses for a Living and also do some concrete work, so a bigger truck would be better anyway. I pull a 6x12 tandam axle trailer everyday. So what should I do? I have found some nice ford's with less than 70000 miles where i have a payment between 200 and 300.
    Thanks for your time
    DJ

UPGRADE

Hope that helps. F150 too light weight for the work.
    Pat

Comment

I've got a 2005 Dodge 1500 4x4. I thought about putting a snow blade on it several times, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I think it would be too hard on the front end..ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. I went out and bought me a used 4x4 fourwheeler with a blade for driveways this coming year. If I were you, I'd look into buying an older 3/4 ton truck, like a mid to late 1980's so parts are cheap and if you happen to kiss a curb or a pole you aren't out a fortune in paint and parts. Just a thought.
      Kendrick
      Cedar Lawn Care Services, LLC
      Kirksville, MO

Comment

Re

How much as far as contracts can one truck handle? I know it varies but just give me an idea. I want to get enouph that I will feel ok with a new truck and used plow but I dont want to get so much we are fighting a losing battle from the beginning. We currently have two funeral homes and about a half mile long drive with abank size parking lot at the end.
        DJ

Comment

snowplow

DJ ,
          You could buy a used UTV and get a snowplow for it. You could also buy a pusheer box for your Bobcat
          Cubcadet ztr
          husquvarna blower craftsman professional series trimmer w/ homade harness
          60 gallon fimco pull type sprayer

Comment

Could you use the plow on that truck and take it off later when you get a newer, larger one? Would that be easier?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X