X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we use Gator Blades

Came across this video

http://www.youtube.com/v/oSizWplbgRw...ram%3E%3Cparam

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oSizWplbgRw&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf& hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oSizWplbgRw&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf& hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Where can I get these blades ?

I have 16 1/4 blades for my zero turn and 21 inch blades for my tractor

Comment

Gator Blades

I get mine here
      http://www.agrisupply.com/category.a...cd2=1271208852

This is a fairly small area so I pretty much have to get them mail order.

Steve

Comment

I get mine here
        http://www.agrisupply.com/category.a...cd2=1271208852

This is a fairly small area so I pretty much have to get them mail order.

Steve
        Thanks for your help but i'm trying to find something closer to home.

Comment

Hey Justin
          I get mine from any farm and home type store. Check your mower dealers too. Anyone who sells mowers will know about them and can either provide you another place close to get them or order them for you. The only drawback with gator blades is they are heavier and you may lose a tiny amount of power and they don't do well in thick, wet grass, but boy are they sure worth it when it comes to fall cleanups. They are God's gift when it comes to annihilating leaves!!
          Kendrick
          Cedar Lawn Care Services, LLC
          Kirksville, MO

Comment

That was so corny... but I want to try them, lol!

I understand what they do, sorta, but how?

We see a video of what happens in slow mow, the grass is finely cut up, but doesn't that have something to do with more than just blades? Or is it the angle of the blades? The cut grass is bounced upwards to be cut several times or what?

I don't have them, but my walk behind does the same thing.

Any other vids????

Comment

Thanks for your help but i'm trying to find something closer to home.
              noelville rentals,leblancs two cycle shop,sudbury small engines,forest and lawn,sudbury boat and canoe ,I even think they sell them at crappy tire .Actually,they are made or distributed by same company as oregon chainsaw chains and bars .

Comment

noelville rentals,leblancs two cycle shop,sudbury small engines,forest and lawn,sudbury boat and canoe ,I even think they sell them at crappy tire .Actually,they are made or distributed by same company as oregon chainsaw chains and bars .
                Yeah I just checked Oregon, I will have my dealer give me a price on them and try those out

Comment

Yeah I just checked Oregon, I will have my dealer give me a price on them and try those out
                  You are correct. They are Oregon. Oregon blades are some of the best around. I am sure your local servicing dealer can get them for you no problem. For me, they vary in price from $15+, depending on the manufacturer they are replacing. Like I posted in another thread, they now have some that have fusion technology which is suppose to make them tougher and make them last longer between sharpening.

You will love them,
                  Eli

Comment

I buy them from this company below, I have around 30+ clients using them also, clients that we do spraying for however they mow their own lawns, the service and speed from these guys is excellent and they ship USPS which saves a lot, get a spare set as they are not expensive at all but get the high lifts>

Specialty Small Engine
                    110 W. Healey Street
                    Champaign, IL 61820
                    217-359-1234

http://www.gatorblade.com/contact_us.html
                    Andy
                    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Geez, if you guys are getting them shipped to you from the US, let know and I am sure I can get them to you for the same price, or cheaper. Let me know what you need blades for (if you have the part #, that would be best). If Gator blades are available for a mower then I can get them.

Justin,

I don't think the gator Blades are not available yet for your mowers (If I recall correctly both of your mowers are Husqvarna?). But to make sure, give me the blade # or if nothing else, the mower model and serial # and I will double check and get back with you. On that note, I can also get the original blades and Oregon replacement blades for most mowers.

Thanks,
                      Eli

Comment

Justin,

I don't think the gator Blades are not available yet for your mowers (If I recall correctly both of your mowers are Husqvarna?). But to make sure, give me the blade # or if nothing else, the mower model and serial # and I will double check and get back with you. On that note, I can also get the original blades and Oregon replacement blades for most mowers.

Thanks,
                        Eli
                        Husqvarna Zero turn IZ4821 - Blade #539 10 03-40 (x3) - 16 1/4 with of blade, 5/8 center hole.

Serial # 061377348
                        Product #968999296

I found a set in Oregon, under Husqvarna Turf.

Comment

Husqvarna Zero turn IZ4821 - Blade #539 10 03-40 (x3) - 16 1/4 with of blade, 5/8 center hole.

Serial # 061377348
                          Product #968999296

I found a set in Oregon, under Husqvarna Turf.
                          The Gator options are:

Option 1: Gator 3 in 1 Hi-Lift, $53.19 (shipping included) for set of 3,

Option 2: Gator 3 in 1 Magnum (extra heavy duty ~ .250" thick instead of .203" thick), $73.53 (shipping included) for set of three,

Option 3: Gator 3 n 1 Fusion (see this Fusion fact sheet), also extra heavy duty, $94.43, shipping included for set of 3,

Option 4: Gator Mulcher G6, This blade is supposed to be the Cadillac of lawn mower blades and has these features:
                          1. Superior mulching,
                          2. Superior bagging,
                          3. Superior side discharge,
                          4. X-Tended Cutting Length (TM) - Longer cutting edge,
                          5. Thicker and wider (3" wide instead of 2 1/2" and .250" thick instead of .203"),
                          6. Fusion - Stays sharp longer,
                          7. Same price as option 2!! Only $73.53 with shipping included!

I would recommend option 4. All of these prices are typical prices w/o shipping but I am willing to pay the shipping if you buy the blades from me (see, contrary to popular belief, I am a nice guy!).

Let me know what you decide,
                          Eli

PS: I will do my best to match anyone else's prices within reason.
                          Last edited by SuperiorPower; 04-14-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

The Gator options are:

Option 1: Gator 3 in 1 Hi-Lift, $53.19 (shipping included) for set of 3,

Option 2: Gator 3 in 1 Magnum (extra heavy duty ~ .250" thick instead of .203" thick), $73.53 (shipping included) for set of three,

Option 3: Gator 3 n 1 Fusion (see this Fusion fact sheet), also extra heavy duty, $94.43, shipping included for set of 3,

Option 4: Gator Mulcher G6, This blade is supposed to be the Cadillac of lawn mower blades and has these features:
                            1. Superior mulching,
                            2. Superior bagging,
                            3. Superior side discharge,
                            4. X-Tended Cutting Length (TM) - Longer cutting edge,
                            5. Thicker and wider (3" wide instead of 2 1/2" and .250" thick instead of .203"),
                            6. Fusion - Stays sharp longer,
                            7. Same price as option 2!! Only $73.53 with shipping included!

I would recommend option 4. All of these prices are typical prices w/o shipping but I am willing to pay the shipping if you buy the blades from me (see, contrary to popular belief, I am a nice guy!).

Let me know what you decide,
                            Eli

PS: I will do my best to match anyone else's prices within reason.
                            That's nice to know, but how much is shipping to Canada, P0M 2N0 is my Postal Code aka Zip Code but with letters

Comment

That's nice to know, but how much is shipping to Canada, P0M 2N0 is my Postal Code aka Zip Code but with letters
                              Justin, shipping is cheap, I pay around $12.00 for two sets.

Anyhow make sure you promote you are using these, I have found it a tremendous selling tool as the competition, around here, doesn't seem to even know how to sharpen the factory blades.
                              Andy
                              Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
                              X