Scheduling? Best way to do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduling? Best way to do it?

I don't have the money to shuck out to steve for the gopher software, but I need a method of scheduling that is efficient as possible.

I have a Blackberry Storm and the calendar on it isn't the best as far as recurring appointments. I set it to recur every 2 weeks during the growing season, but when it was time to change it to every 3 weeks for the off season it goofed on me. It set it to every 3 weeks from the initial start date which in turn threw off my calendar record of when I had done all my yards as well as messed up going forward from the date that I wanted to change my cut intervals.

I use iCal on my MAC it is a calendar you could use a google or yahoo calendar the same way.

also optimize your route for free with this link

Have fun

Comment

I usually go to office max and get one of those desk size calendars for 5 bucks and write all the appointments down for the season in the boxes on there. A lot of people down me for not keeping everything on a computer, but I am the one laughing in the end when their computer crashes and then OOPS! There went all my income and expenses for the year. Hell I even write in ledgers still. To hell with technology, I refuse to make to make all these cell phone and palm pilot guys richer. That works for me tho, you do whatever works for youl.

Comment

Ill second on adams point of view
        i do the same
        I write it all down on one of those jumbo calenders under my keyboard.
        I create a file on my external and internal hard drive so in case one crashes i can use the other for my quickbooks account.

In the beginning though when i didnt have quickbooks i simply made a folder..and ill try showing how i did it like this..

> is a new folder
        .. is whats inside that folder
        __________________________________________________ _______
        >(your Name) Lawn Care
        >Customer Care and Concerns
        >Customer Questions
        >customer Requests
        >Service Agreements
        >commercial
        >residential
        >Customer info and dues
        >Information
        >invoices
        (ill just tell you the main folders from here..you can add on more or delete some and add subfolders however fits you..)
        Employee Logging and Applications,Flyers & Advertisement,Letters,Ideas,Scheduled Dates,Work orders and recipts

I back everything up on the external and internal as i said before as well as by hand in a notebook and on the calender

hope this helps..
        sorry i go into so much detail on all my posts..i cant help it..
        Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
        "Where Service is Always in Season"
        Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.

Comment

Working...
        X