F***ing low ballers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowballers,

We do know what you mean, I could tell you a hundred of jobs I had to pass because they had quotes so low I couldn't ,WOULDN'T touch them, I tell customers this (a good job ain't cheap and a cheap job ain't good !) that's true in SO many way's, wait till the uninsured tree dude fall off their roof ,a branch thru the neighbors car window (heaven forbid)etc.. Who they going to call??? US!!we have "cleaned up"so many bad jobs, they'll learn.It really does make me mad when I lose a job (my prices are reasonable enough!) to a #%#^&. Maybe as someone said THEY don't know how to bid? I didn't at first and ate many jobs paying my own money to finish, feeling stupid!! That's why I ,we joined up here to learn from you "PROS" really Sue TWIN-CITIES GREEN TEAM

Comment

I have been bidding more new Contracts away from the "property manager" as I know something is fishy.
      I am wondering at what point I tell her to stop waisting my time asking for quotes when time after time her new side kick gets them with poor quality results. At this point we still have one under a board she manages only due to the relationship we have built with one of the board
      members. I can see that I am only waisting my time with the quotes as she has a scam going. Why would she push a Contractor that does crap work if nothing was in it for her. Several other companies in town feel the same way. Any thought on how to deal with that. I want work but I am sick of the game!
      This points out the never ending cycle. Sure one business will go out of business but there is always another ready to step up and take their place and lose money as fast as possible as well.

The thing then you gotta wonder is, where can you take it all so there is a higher barrier of entry where it will take time, infrastructure, and money to operate?

If certain parts of the business require the lowest price, it seems you either need to find a way to be more competitive or find a better niche that allows for higher profit.

What's your take on this?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Working...
      X