Striping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striping

Friend sent me this link on how to do various strips on a clients lawn, look at the bottom right corner, great video's

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Cool!

I like the diamond one. That is the one I do all the time. Need lots of practice though to get the lines straight. Won't happen overnight.

Comment

Thanks Andy,

I was looking at other videos earlier on this topic. I have a question about this for you and any others. As I am just starting out this year I will only have a self propelled push mower. I have seen stripers that go behind these mowers. Any thoughts on using this kind of set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIv90k-4mRk

Thanks,
      Mark
      Bridgewater, NS

Comment

Mark,

Go to Princess Auto in Burnside and buy yourself a roller and simply make brackets to hold it in place or what I did on the garden tractors is put what looks like a very narrow broom on the back of the deck. I run Deere self propelled and they do a good job on their own with the flap in the back.

But honestly I only have a few clients that care about stripes and they are charged extra if they want a design in the lawn.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

the key to a straight line is to pick a point across the yard to mow toward, don't look at the ground in front of the mower.

Comment

I use to be able to stripe down here.. But my roller bearings broke.. So I took it off..

In Memory of My Dad..1943-2008..Gary "Snuffy" Smith

Comment

Awesome videos!

I did "the wave" in a few backyards, my customers liked it but I didn't lol. The best thing for me to do is mow in the shape of the backyards perimeter, & to not just start my "wave" anywhere. It looks best because it flows with the backyard. Sometimes though, neither way looks best.

As for the bulls eye, it does look nice & all but it wouldn't look to great on any of my lawns, and that looks like a pita to do with all the turns lol. I'd get dizzy!

5 stars for the checkerboard design! I love that one so much & it always looks great!

Comment

Thanks Andy,

I was looking at other videos earlier on this topic. I have a question about this for you and any others. As I am just starting out this year I will only have a self propelled push mower. I have seen stripers that go behind these mowers. Any thoughts on using this kind of set up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIv90k-4mRk

Thanks,
                Mark
                Bridgewater, NS
                I'm curious of that too, I think it's $100.00 or something.

The only problem is, how effective is it on slanted lawns? Does it stay with the direction you mow? Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
                X