No announcement yet.

Bright idea For SNOW REMOVAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg i sprayed my shovels and snow blower chute and auger with WD40 and it worked like a charm. the snow just flew off the shovels like it was on fire and shot out the chute twice as far. grant it i had to make 4-5 passes on 1 row to clear but overall it worked great. I managed to clear my sidewalks, driveway, porches, etc. in like 2-3 hours of the blower and shoveling. While i was out i got several calls for snow removal. My fiance was pissed by the end of the day to the fact the phone never stopped ringing. So for Sunday and monday i have 9-10 snow removal contracts lined up. I am extremely excited. My fiance is going to help me with the majority of them and luckly 1 of my contracts is my daughter's classmate. so she can chill there while we do 4 of them. as of now, my car is gone. its under a huge pile of drifting snow. all you can see is 1 window. didnt take no pics though. might tomorrow. before i leave the house. after clearing the sidewalk to my driveway. i have 6-8 foot snow piles next to the sidewalk. So gotta dig out my car in the morning and clear 1 property. then come in rest and get warm for an hour then back out to do 4 more. then home to rest and maybe 1 more. then the rest on monday. all i know is tomororw night and monday night i expect to be exhausted. according to the news. we got between 26inches at bwi airport to 35 inches is local spots. in my backyard i believe i got 28 inches. anyone want some snow.? $10 per cubic foot. lmao. just kidding.

Comment

What did you ultimately do to get your equipment around? How did it work out?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I am going to me walking mostly. Since the streets are only plowed with 1 lane. There no where to park my car and i cant double park and block the road. so its look like its going to alot of walking today. Gotta do what I gotta do. But i am heading out now. I slept in a little cause iw as a little sore from yesterday. But i'l catch up with yall later.

paul

Comment

Well I was only able to do 2 snow removals. OMG that snow is heavy. My snow blower is useless since anything over 8 inches, it jams the auger. One client i must have walked almost a mile up and back on top of shoveling. Luckily the other was right behind me. Then after i warmed up and my clothes were dry. I helped my fiance dig out our car. That was a nitemare. I may have a few more to do tomorrow but i serious need a nice relaxing hot bath. I am pooped. Top it off they are calling for another 8 inches or more on tuesday night. yay me. IS IT SPRING YET? I AM SICK OF SNOW.

Comment

Did you get a chance to look around and see what others were doing to remove the snow? Was anything looking like a better way to do it?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

I GOT AN IDEA!!!

Put a sulky on your snowblower!!

I AM THE GOD OF THOUGHTS! YESSSS!!!

-

However, you will need some pretty decent tires on the snowblower... They have trouble getting over large snow mounds... Maybe it'd work better if you bought a snowblower with tracks.

Comment

I got a better one. Get 4 or 5 dogs and a sleigh. **** you might even be able to hook a pull plow to it.

I would buy a truck and plow before I ever thought of this. I dont even like walking to my truck in the cold. I couldnt envision myself skiing.

Comment

Scott, what if you made a sulky with skis instead of wheels?

You could call it the 'Skiky.'

Comment

Scott, what if you made a sulky with skis instead of wheels?

You could call it the 'Skiky.'
                    That'd probably work much better! Maybe cut the skis down to size so that you can turn in and out of the driveway when using the snowblower.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X