No announcement yet.

Equipment and job site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opinion on the join deer tractor is.. I find them to be way to weak for any real use (in my field i guess..). I done some tree work for a city and they had loaned me one to keep my big rig off the lawn.. I found it had no real moving power/lifting power(lifting power was ok, but logs was to much for it) and even in 4x4 it would spin the wheels when pushing dirt/rock. Although I'm sure i worked it harder then it was meant to be worked now that i think about it

Although that was just one experience and I'm sure you used it enough to know better then me

I like john deer, but that was my first experience using something that small.. I guess i was expecting more cause it was green
    I think in part with no disrespect at all it is experience, I am not sure what you mean by weak for "real use" you have to have the tool for the job and if your equipment is from the big box store which is basically painted green with the name then you are right, it's for the consumer not our business, you mentioned four wheel drive, there are 5 series of tires, did you have the right ones for the terrain????.

What unit were you using, these tractors will perform beyond any skid steer or anything else I have seen, but it's picking the right tool for the job and knowing how to use it.

Also curious what you mean by small, my tractors bring on an average $400.00 a day in the 2000 and 3000 series, that is really good bucks in my books, depending on the job, soil, terrain one has to know the tool that is required.
    Andy
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

How do you like the new excavator so far?
      Friggin amazing and pics to follow, it's first day I ran it, grosses $746.00 for 7 and a bit hours , I had to leave to do another job and let a new guy finish the easier stuff.... anyhow the client at the site where it is decided they want us to do the back which is about 2 acres, I suggested it would be about $9,000 but we charge by the hour on jobs like this, he said do it!
      Andy
      Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

it's first day I ran it, grosses $746.00 for 7 and a bit hours
        Does John Deere suggest any hourly fees to charge with such equipment or how do you suggest coming up with an hourly fee for such equipment? Is it a similar process to how you can come up with an hourly fee to run a mower?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Does John Deere suggest any hourly fees to charge with such equipment or how do you suggest coming up with an hourly fee for such equipment? Is it a similar process to how you can come up with an hourly fee to run a mower?
          Never, local demand but its mainly quality and who well you know your stuff, as for rates, know your costs
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
          X