X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it fold up with the main ramp?
    Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Next I went to a boat supply store and bought two solid indian rubber rollars as they will take 4,000 pounds each, they were the perfect length at 8.5", I bolted them to the ramp extension and left 3/4" of the bolt sticking up which locks it to the main ramps on the trailer.
      What is the benefit of the rubber rollers versus welding a piece of metal there?
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Does it fold up with the main ramp?
        No, that trailer has two ramps, it's mainly for the bigger tractors and excavators so they are desperate heavy, If I were to weld the extention, I would never be able to lift them.
        Andy
        Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

What is the benefit of the rubber rollers versus welding a piece of metal there?
          Rubber grips the pavement and I could remove these if I needed to, steel is there to stay......to be honest though it was a super quick and super cheap way to do this.
          Andy
          Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

No, that trailer has two ramps, it's mainly for the bigger tractors and excavators so they are desperate heavy, If I were to weld the extention, I would never be able to lift them.
            Oh, I see. It's not for every day use. Just when you need the big equipment moved, right?

That would get real old, real fast having to put that under there at every stop.
            Boughter's Lawn Care Services Mowing and Fertilizing in New Castle, PA

Comment

Oh, I see. It's not for every day use. Just when you need the big equipment moved, right?

That would get real old, real fast having to put that under there at every stop.
              It's for one service but you are right about getting old.

In order to haul the garden tractor with the leaf vacuum attached and to take a sweeper, I need 15 feet of trailer, min 6' wide. I have two 16 foot trailers that are 8 feet wide that is used for equipment, they are not designed for garden tractors, ZTR's etc with decks and the decks don't clear. The other issue is these trailers are heave, they go around 2,000 pounds, desperate amount of weight for nothing.

So I started looking for something different, I have a 16' Cargo which would work but I want people to see this equipment, seeing equipment has brought a ton of businesss this year from parking lots where we may be getting lunch, coffee, banking etc. Anyhow I can't find what I am looking for locally and don't have four weeks to have one built so we will do that next year.

It's basically a make it work for this season.
              Andy
              Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
              X