Leaf cleanup flyers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaf cleanup flyers?

do you guys/gals think that it would be to soon to start marketing for fall cleanup? I plan on handing out a couple thousand flyers and would like to stay ahead of the competition, but on the other hand not be forgotten before the leaves begin to fall.

I believe the right time to start would be the second & third week of September.

Speak with all your clients first, then advertise to neighbors door-to-door...

say, "Your neighbor has hired me for our leaf removal service, I was wondering if you'd be interested in leaf removal as I will be in the area"

Comment

Fall Flyer

If your thinking about fall then it must be time to start coming up with a flyer, maybe not time to pass it out but definitely time to get it together. For me when I see plants starting to die and leaves change from that dark rich color to a lighter shade with hints of fall colors, that's when I start talking to my customers about getting a clean-up. I went knocking on doors when snow was still on the ground, i was ambitious and eager to get started. To my surprise i picked up quite a few new customers. So that showed me that if I was thinking of cutting then those who needed a service was to same goes for fall clean-ups. You dont want to be to soon that your flyer gets thrown away but if your to late then another company already has the job. My opinion talk to your customers, get a feel about how they feel, and flyer the neighborhoods your already in and those surrounding. Have your customers sell your work to neighbors by offering them a free or discounted service. Hope this helps

Comment

Have your customers sell your work to neighbors by offering them a free or discounted service.
        Have you ever experimented with that method?

If so, how did you set it up and how did it work out?

Do you still do it?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

If you knocked on my door today and offered that service to my wife she would jump on it.

Comment

Do the flyers now. You're smart to be ahead of the competition.
            integritylawnpro.com

Comment

Have you ever experimented with that method?

If so, how did you set it up and how did it work out?

Do you still do it?
              Anyone in this business knows that word of mouth can be more effective than any sales pitch. I tell my customers that Ifor they get their neighbor to sign on for lawn service then I will give them a free cut. If the customer wants to get a cleanup then I throw in a free cut. How I see it is I'm in it to make money the customer is in it to have a nice yard and save however they can. Throwing in a free or discounted service to ensure getting the job is better than letting some other company come in or having the homeowner do it them self. Be reasonable understand what the customer is looking for before you start offering free or discounted work. Understand the sticking points and the areas that they don't have a problem with. If the customer needs 20 yards of mulch and they have some bushes in the areas where mulch is going, but don't want have theone to pay u to trim the bushes. Offer a buy one get one free trim, for every bush u trim, trim one the same size or smaller. A lot of times customers are unaware that you do other work besides cutting grass. Take these opportunities to show them your work, if they like your work then they will be sure to ask you when it comes to other work or if a friend or family member need work done they will refer you. Not to mention the neighbors will see your work long after your gone. Remember not every customer has to have the same deal as the last, because not everyone has the same needs. This is my first year in business for myself and I reached 37 customers at my peak. Most of them have had me do other work and are now asking about cleanups and snow plowing. So yea some up front freebies have set me up for long term revenue.

Comment

What the hell. To the original post you can advertise now for most places with good success or you can wait until a lawn is covered in leaves ,leave a flyer and increase your closing rate 10 fold.
                I now for the what the hell guys... we are in this for money not the gimmicks so stop playing now.
                I do it for the money..... so I give free .....stop your not doing it for money and your going broke working hard .

Buy one get one??? A BOGO?SERIOUSLY.
                TRY THIS be honest with yourself and the client it don't cost 25 buck to trim a bush for 3 minutes... it is work after all learn your opperating cost and go opperate.

I feel many people come into this industry unable to work at Macdonalds and have no idea what it cost to survive out from mama's house and they fail to realize time, it takes time to grow a company. If you grow 20 clients out of 50 flyers your not good,not lucky your Cheap.real cheap.

Comment

I do it for the money..... so I give free .....stop your not doing it for money and your going broke working hard .
                  Are you saying that it is a bad thing to offer a free mowing if a customer gets a neighbor to sign up with you for lawn care?

If so, what makes it bad? Don't you have to spend time either way to get customers? Either handing out marketing material or giving some freebies? In the end, does it matter which as long as it works?
                  - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                  Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Steve it does cost money to obtain new clients. Let's see shall we
                    $75.00 per 1000 flyers or a mere .08 per possible client and let's say 10 minutes of your time to talk and feel out the neigbor. Did I also mention the LCO has mowed the neigbor all year??? This means in all honestly they know what your work looks like. Your ability to complete tasks.... they also lily know your price by talking to the neigbors.... so now it should be as simple as a flyer, hello, good morning I am Joe the mow guy from next door.

Everything else is working against you, don't give free to get work here is why.
                    The cost of mowing a single lawn is 35-45.00 average ......that's a heck of alot of flyers and smiles. Besides a contract don't insure you will keep a residential client a month let alone a season....it's just not binding.

Comment

Steve it does cost money to obtain new clients. Let's see shall we
                      $75.00 per 1000 flyers or a mere .08 per possible client and let's say 10 minutes of your time to talk and feel out the neigbor. Did I also mention the LCO has mowed the neigbor all year??? This means in all honestly they know what your work looks like. Your ability to complete tasks.... they also lily know your price by talking to the neigbors.... so now it should be as simple as a flyer, hello, good morning I am Joe the mow guy from next door.

Everything else is working against you, don't give free to get work here is why.
                      The cost of mowing a single lawn is 35-45.00 average ......that's a heck of alot of flyers and smiles. Besides a contract don't insure you will keep a residential client a month let alone a season....it's just not binding.
                      Also 35 bucks spent on flyers, ads, whatever reaches alot more eyes then that 1 new clients yard.

Comment

Here is another way to look at it.
                        Does the gas station give you guys a free gallon of gas if you buy 2 gallons.

Or do they give you a free lunch if you fill up a truck?

Now if you want to talk about discount cards and free soapless car washes then ok I was wrong and I will start giving away free driveway blow offs.

Comment

Not everyone has the same approach towards business. For some giving away free stuff is ridiculous and it's throwing money away. For others it has worked very well. I gave a customer their first cut free for 34 dollars I have made almost 3000 from one customer. I knew they were shopping to compare prices from other companies, so I gave them free cut and because of that they went with me, I made quite a bit of money oh yea and their neighbor is my customer, oh and a friend of theirs is my customer, and the friends neighbor is my customer. Not bad for giving a free cut? So don't tell me that giving free cuts is worthless. I didn't have to flyer those neighborhoods or use gas or my time to drive their.

Comment

Almost made 3000 from this client , in a year,2,3
                            84 bucks a week.... chances are those neigbors would have you by now just because of the work you do??
                            Almost 3 grand isn't alot of money either way I look at it.
                            Hell 40 clients a week that I collect just $ 2.08 for that odd work makes me your 3 grand.
                            To simply increase your jobs price by 5 bucks a week makes you 7200.00 bucks a year per 40 clients.
                            And anyone successful in this industry will agree and tell you it is easier to make money,if you bill it out. Then it is to hope it pays off doing stupid gimmick freebies.

Comment

I knew they were shopping to compare prices from other companies, so I gave them free cut and because of that they went with me,

I made quite a bit of money oh yea and their neighbor is my customer, oh and a friend of theirs is my customer, and the friends neighbor is my customer. Not bad for giving a free cut? So don't tell me that giving free cuts is worthless.

First off, giving free anything is a gimmick and worthless

Now that's out of the way, you landed a neighborhood full of price shoppers by your own admission which doesn't help your argument in the least. Giving customers free anything puts them in the mindset that you are hungry and willing to give away your time for work.

Using loss leaders as a sales tool is one thing but the word free brings cheap customers out of the woodwork.

Run your business how you wish, you're in year one and this seems to be a good thing for you, but let us know how its working in year three or four.

Comment

Working...
                              X