No announcement yet.

Coroplast signs - What to expect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's $2.50 a sign. I don't think that is bad at all.

How many are you going to be placing outdoors at once? Any thoughts on when you will be putting them out?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend putting them all out at once. I don't know where you live or how big it is but I would put xx out.......look at the results. (see if they are mowed over or taken down, check them daily) Figure out the 'schedule' and post accordingly. If they mow fridays then take them down Thursday. Put them back up when they are finished. I have used them when selling houses and only have 3 up since the lawn care business. Two in customers yards and 1 waiting to be torn down. (I need to know when though so it's a good investment) If you have time as I do, I recommend ordering one sign at a time via vistaprint.com Once you like them, give them business though. I just spent another $100 bucks tonight, after 'screwing' them out of hundreds They are going to 'get theirs' though. I am happy with all the 'screwing' I done so now it's business time.
      www.pleasehelpmylawn.com

Comment

UPDATE: I got the signs, just haven't put any out yet. I went to Home Depot and the ladder wire is $2.60 per 10' length. The sku number is 213-470, I think.

THESE ARE PERFECT, thanks to the member for suggesting these.

I can get about 4 stands out of a 10' length!

One customer has agreed to allow me to put one is his yard and I'ma put some out on a busy parkway median on the way to where I have a few yards. I saw that they mowed the median yesterday. I went down that road Sunday and I noticed it wasn't cut, but saw the tractor w/ big **** attached parked on the side of a big hill. I figured they weren't cutting because it was Sunday and it was raining.
        Monday it was all cut down. Gotta get out there and put out some signs, I'll probably start with about 5 because the parkway is kinda long.

Maybe 2 @ two different intersections and 1 strategically placed in median.

Comment

Keep us posted on how all this turns out. When you get these signs up, will you be asking all your new callers, where they initially heard of you from?
          - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

When I put mine out. I will ZipTie them to a metal road sign like STOP signs so they do not blow away easy.

Artie Crowley
            www.marketingholders.com
            sales@marketingholders.com

Comment

Keep us posted on how all this turns out. When you get these signs up, will you be asking all your new callers, where they initially heard of you from?
              yes, but I've only been doing the door hangers and I stopped doing that a while ago, so I'll know the calls are coming from the signs.

Comment

Another update:

First night I put the signs out, I got a call the next morning (not even 12 hours later) saying that I couldn't put the signs out from some guy that's on a local community association board. He told me that I couldn't put 'em out anywhere and that they make the community look bad.
                I kept asking where would he suggest I put 'em, he said nowhere.

Now, I've got 100 of these signs and I just started putting them out and this guy calls me talking this nonsense about "I know those signs cost money and there gonna be gone, and that's money lost on your part". As I listened to him talk I got a REAL GOOD feeling that he had little or no weight in the community and that my signs were not gonna be gone due to him.

He also said that he was calling because he hadn't seen my signs before so I must be new and he wanted to let me know. He went on to say that if they(code enforcement) see my signs out there, they'll take 'em and throw 'em away. They may call me or not, and that code enforcement will fine my business. He said that if police see me putting the signs out they will cite me.

I talked with him for about 15 minutes and told him I didn't know and that I'd call code enforcement. I haven't called 'em yet. I kept a close eye on my signs since he called and I noticed my last sign was gone yesterday, like 2 or 3 days after the guy called me.

Nonetheless, I have been getting calls steadily since I put the signs out. Somewhere around 3-5 a day. Some from the signs I put out on the busy parkway, others from signs I put in customers yards. One customer that has gotten me a lot of calls lives on a corner lot @ the entrance to a subdivision, I've gotten 4 or 5 calls from that sign alone!

signs work!

Comment

Another update:

First night I put the signs out, I got a call the next morning (not even 12 hours later) saying that I couldn't put the signs out from some guy that's on a local community association board. He told me that I couldn't put 'em out anywhere and that they make the community look bad.
                  I kept asking where would he suggest I put 'em, he said nowhere.

Now, I've got 100 of these signs and I just started putting them out and this guy calls me talking this nonsense about "I know those signs cost money and there gonna be gone, and that's money lost on your part". As I listened to him talk I got a REAL GOOD feeling that he had little or no weight in the community and that my signs were not gonna be gone due to him.

He also said that he was calling because he hadn't seen my signs before so I must be new and he wanted to let me know. He went on to say that if they(code enforcement) see my signs out there, they'll take 'em and throw 'em away. They may call me or not, and that code enforcement will fine my business. He said that if police see me putting the signs out they will cite me.

I talked with him for about 15 minutes and told him I didn't know and that I'd call code enforcement. I haven't called 'em yet. I kept a close eye on my signs since he called and I noticed my last sign was gone yesterday, like 2 or 3 days after the guy called me.

Nonetheless, I have been getting calls steadily since I put the signs out. Somewhere around 3-5 a day. Some from the signs I put out on the busy parkway, others from signs I put in customers yards. One customer that has gotten me a lot of calls lives on a corner lot @ the entrance to a subdivision, I've gotten 4 or 5 calls from that sign alone!

signs work!
                  I use coroplast signs and have had moderate success with them. They definetly worked better than flyers for me.

A friend of mine in the business uses them also with some success. He and I also agree that other LCO'S steal them when they see them.

It also wouldn't suprise me if the guy who called you was a fraud because that happened to me.

Comment

Hey do you guys know you can get 100 signs for 100$$ with FREE stakes!? I will get the web-site if you want it!
                    Trevor

Comment

This is really fascinating because it makes you wonder what is the best way to use them?

Should you put them up for a weekend and take them down? Put them up for a week and take them down? Move them around town or what?

Hey do you guys know you can get 100 signs for 100$$ with FREE stakes!? I will get the web-site if you want it!
                      Please do.

Comment

This is really fascinating because it makes you wonder what is the best way to use them?

Should you put them up for a weekend and take them down? Put them up for a week and take them down? Move them around town or what?
                        We put them out for a week and then take them down. Usually do this on our
                        regular mowing routes.

I found that we don't have them ripped off as much plus people will still notice them.

A few customers don't mind if we leave them on their property.

Comment

http://www.electionsign.net/index1.htm

Comment

Working...
                          X