discouraged

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discouraged

We put out just under 2k fliers Fri/Sat with a killer offer.

It is central florida and the grass slows down but keeps growing some.

We offered a killer deal (PM me for details) and as of yet have had zero calls.

Might be too early to say but I did expect 1-3 calls at least.

Feed back?

I would post the idea but if you recall, I posted the idea elsewhere. I will link a few my website if wished.

Am I just too anxious?

have you put out flyers before and what was the success? It is winter here now and we are under 3 feet of snow so I really have no experience in putting out flyers during the down season.

Comment

Hi Phil,

I'd like to hear what the offer was. Maybe that effected the results and we can help you analyze it more.
      - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
      Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Phil,

Don't sweat it. The grass grows slower now & it's not really a priority for people, Some may hold onto the flyer & call you in the spring. I've found I rarely pick up new clientel this time of year. If you do it usually because their current provider did something to really piss them off so they fired him. Even then, they ussually wait til the lawn really needs it bad to hire a new guy so you get alot of calls & overgrown lawns in like april, may, & june.
        During those months just before it gets hot (to get your info infront of the snowbirds before they leave) & during growing season is really when advertising is much more effective. During the growing months I ramp up my advertising by over 400%. Right now I just pay the monthly dues for the phone books & keep the website up & running.
        Keep your chin up man! It will come.

Comment

Phil, dont be discouraged. I hand out fliers all year long here in Wichita, Kansas. Only on warmer days in the winter though. Normally my response rate is 1-2 percent. However in the winter it decreases dramatically. I still hand out the fliers though, because even though they are not responding they are still seeing your company name, which is never a bad thing. So keep on truckin and they will call. Like Chuck said, some also hold on to the flyers and call in in the spring
          Logan Hershberger

Comment

What have you found to be the best offers to make in flyers during the winter months?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Yea man don't get down. Its hit and miss with flyers and doorhangers. I handed out 5000 this fall and got 5 calls. Got every job and paid for it but was hoping for more. The funnything was one of the areas I handed out to my brother-in-law went through and went door to door and got a dozen jobs a couple weeks after i had handed them out. You just got to keep with it and it will get better. Once the ball starts moving its hard to stop. But just keep it going forward.

Comment

the areas I handed out to my brother-in-law went through and went door to door and got a dozen jobs a couple weeks after
                Did you get a chance to see his flyer? How did it compare / contrast with yours? What was different that could have made such different results or do you feel this was all just a matter of timing?

Comment

No Steve I didn't see his flyer. Sometimes its how the flyer grabs your attention or doesnt but I've found that its normally a matter of timing

Comment

Do you think you will time your marketing differently this year than you did last year? If so, what would you change?

Comment

This year I think I was a little early. But also I think the economy had a little to do with it too. People were waiting untill the last minute to get there fall clean-up. I was the first person to hand out flyers in this one big developement and I saw another set of doorhanger flyers a week later and then a week or so after that my brother-in-law went through and knocked on the doors and got alot of jobs. I think it takes people a few times to see something before they want to get it done.

Comment

Do you think in the future you would wait a couple of extra weeks or would you just go out and canvas the area twice at different times?

Comment

I'm not really sure. I think i'm going to do the same dates again this year and see how it works out. If it doesnt get any better i will just change it up by a week the next year. It takes a lot of time by yourself to go hand out those flyers. So if you don't get enough work from them you could end up losing money because you have the time it takes to hand out the flyers plus the cost of them.

Comment

I watch the big box stores.They spend millions in research so when they start to ad for out door,you do the same.Central Florida has so many guys doing fliers, its hard to get a responce.My fliers have the price for that house on it so if they dont like the price they dont call.It also has every thing they will get for the money ie. monthly,weekly,or bi weekly.Then a coupon for landscaping

Comment

I watch the big box stores.They spend millions in research so when they start to ad for out door,you do the same.
                              I am guessing you mean like outdoor furniture or maybe even mowers? When have you found they start putting these ads out?

My fliers have the price for that house on it so if they dont like the price they dont call.It also has every thing they will get for the money ie. monthly,weekly,or bi weekly.Then a coupon for landscaping
                              I have seen quite a bit of a debate if a lawn care business owner should put a price on their flyer. What made you decide to do it?

Comment

Working...
                              X