No announcement yet.

What way is best?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was told to include with the bill a prepaid self addressed envelope so all they have to do was put the check in and its easier for them has anybody used this tactic?and does it work?
    I have heard of others doing this. Hey it's worth a try. See if you get your checks sent back to you faster. You will know if it works or not because you will see how many of your customers send the check back in the envelope you included. Let us know how it works out.
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I don't know about stamped envelopes but just an envelope with your address on it would work I think. I agree...make it a long envelope. I personally hate those little envelopes. Also, use the security ones.

Comment

What do you think about only taking credit cards? The reason I ask is because I saw where one company only accepts credit cards. I have mixed feelings.....

Comment

I have strong negative feelings about credit cards.

Don't do it. You have a cash business, why take on the added expense of the fees? It's like the stamp/envelope idea. Expensive with unrealistic contracts too. Traceable payments are just that.

If you were to ask a guy that took CC's for 5 years if he'd take them for lawn care - he'd say this, don't do it.

Besides, if you stop mowing today - you'd still be paying fees each month until your contract was up or pay huge cancellation fees. Also my people say I have to notify them 30 days before the last day. If I wait until 29 days before the contract is over, it is reinstated. If I do it at 31 days, I pay extra for canceling early. It's true. These people are the devil.

Stay far - far away.

Comment

I don't currently take them because I want the check on the counter but...if you will check out propay.com I know several cleaning comapnies that use this and are really happy with it. It's only $35 a year with no contracts or anything that binds you. You do have to pay a small fee like .35 cents per transaction but I'd say if the client wants to pay with cc then charge them the .35 cents. or what ever the fee is.

Comment

I'd say if the client wants to pay with cc then charge them the .35 cents. or what ever the fee is.
              This is illegal. DO NOT TRY IT! Fed Gov will not allow you to charge the cc fees to customers using cc if you accept them as form of payment.

Comment

but I'd say if the client wants to pay with cc then charge them the .35 cents. or what ever the fee is.
                I don't know how the propay works, but with credit cards, your merchant agreement with them states in it that you won't pass the credit card fees onto the customer. I do believe that there are exceptions for the sale of gas because the profit margins are so slim.

Check out their merchant agreement and see if anything is in there about doing that.
                - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
                Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Well, I guess it's time to give a lil lesson. lol When a client is going to use a credit card I just raise their price...its not that hard.

The government is here to screw us and you gotta figure out ways to not let them screw you. I'm not usually too nice to the government...I don't let the get over on me. I'll cuss them out quick and tell them to hit the road! And did it in 2005 and will probably do it again before I die. I relaize the regular tax guy/gal is just doing his/her job and I told him it was nothing personal...he was doing his job and I was trying to do mine. He agreed and it went my way for the rest of that problem. The problem was that they told me near the first part of December that they wanted a bunch of stuff and wanted it within a couple of weeks. Well, thats a very busy time for cleaning companies and I told them I can't do it so he started being a prick so I settled that problem real quick.

Comment

Why do subs not work for lawn care? Besides them trying to steal your jobs.

Comment

OK there are a couple errors here. The government has no control over how much you charge for your products. Whether that be gas or what have you. There are no special rules for gas.

Here is the actual issues etc. When you agree to accept credit cards you also agree to not charge more for doing so or they can revoke your ability to accept them. No government is NOT involved here.

How to get around this legally is to offer your widget for $10 but your cash price $9.50 - that's what gas stations do - check the sign (Cash Price, never Credit Card price)

It's really that simple. And oh, if your going through propay or the type, you do not have any agreement with anybody about charging anything so if you want charge $20 more, it's up to you. (Accept paypal? Charge more, let the customer pay the convenience fees)

Comment

I just hate the way the government always try to screw us then go behind us and spend our money in crazy ways. Here they are trying to run a whole country but I bet they couldn't run a small business. Thats why I get pissed off when they try to give us some other charge...little as it may be, it can add up.

Personally, I talk to my clients as friends....so even if it is against some type of law I'd just tell them like it is....I'm not suppose to charge you extra for taking your credit card but I either have to charge you the extra or I won't be able to take credit cards anymore. So instead of charging you $30 I gotta charge you $31. I guess the moral of the story.....I'm glad it's not against the law or else I'd probably be argueing with them again...and that stresses me out!

Comment

This is illegal. DO NOT TRY IT! Fed Gov will not allow you to charge the cc fees to customers using cc if you accept them as form of payment.
                          How is it illegal? I can name 20 gas stations in my town that charge a fee for using credit cards. Most are at least .50 some as much as 1.00. Paypal charges a fee, almost everyone I know charges a cc fee.
                          Northern California

Comment

i accept credit cards and 100% of my customers use it, best way to manage for me is invoicing app from ZOHO and they use PayPal

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X