Grave yards, GPS, and Google Earth.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grave yards, GPS, and Google Earth.

I've always been fascinated with cemeteries. The reverence and respect we pay our departed as well as the history that can be learned through geneologic records are interesting fields of study.

I spent Wednesday afternoon at a local Cemetery with my digital camera and my GPS. I sync'd the time on my camera with the time on the GPS so I would know where I was when each picture was taken based on the waypoint time.

A GPS waypoint was set at each grave site. Once home, I dumped everything into Google Earth and using programming code called Keyhole Markup Language I turned it into a pretty neat presentation.

If you're interested, download this file and open with Google Earth.

Graveyard Study

Let me know what you think:

Keith
    Start a profitable lawn care business.

where are the grave markers? I notice the push pins ndid not see any head stones

Comment

Click on each pushpin. It will bring up a picture of the marker at that location.

Comment

Do I need a plug in for this to work? All I got was some crazy text filling the page.
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

I was going to post on how to make this work. When the page open click save page as , dont rename it . it will down load to your computer. OPEN google earth and the go to file then open go to where you saved that page. it will work.

Comment

Rodman, thanks for the clarification.

Steve, did you get it to work?

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Steve, did you get it to work?
              No, I didnt. I am gonna have to download and install that Google earth software.
              - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
              Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X