Just started and looking for clients

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy:

Thank you for your message. You bring up very important points that lots of people struggle with this time of year.

Quote[/b] ]I know this time of year is dead and a horrible time for me to be starting my business,
    I'll take an opposing view to this and say right now is a fine time to get started. The customers you get now will be on board with you when spring rolls around. Besides, there is crazy amounts of work to do this time of year. Leaf season was kinda weird this year due to the drought. Depending which part of the country you're in, there may still be lots of leaf jobs to get.

Really hammer the Winter Clean-Up jobs too. Lots of residents as well as business owners are starting to plan for Christmas get togethers and parties. They want their lawns looking nice. You might not mow lots of grass but there's definately work to be had. Team Gopher made a really cool flyer for Winter Clean-Up jobs. (It's on here somewhere, see if you can find it.) Do a test run of 100 of those flyers. Knock on doors, hand out those flyers and tell home owners you will do any kind of lawn clean up jobs. I can only imagine you will be inundated with customers.

You brought up a good question about where to advertize in the newspaper. If your paper is like ours, they have a "Business Services" section. Those ads are placed once per month and they generally cost about $180 for a one month run. Dollar for Dollar, I think those are the best ads because you get more eye balls looking at those ads than some of the other classifieds. Those people are motivated shoppers too instead of just tire kickers.

If you try the flyer idea, let us know how it goes. Also, if you get some requests to do crazy type jobs, let us know about those too.

Keith
    Start a profitable lawn care business.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]What do you guys feel about those Grab a Tab flyers at the bulletin boards at grocery stores and such?? Any good templates on here for one??
      If there isn't any on here MS Word and MS publisher both have a few different templates you cand use for the tear off flyers. You can change them around and add pics or whatever. I made my own after looking at the templates.
      Rob
      Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Can you show us what you made?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
        Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

This is from when I first started. I used to post this on the bulletin boards in stores around town.
          Oh yeah and the Liquor store. (my wife works there)
          Rob

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"

Comment

Oh that's great! Thanks for sharing the design with us!

Is there any technique you would suggest when hanging these flyers? Should you rip off a couple of tabs when you hang them up to make the flyer's service more desireable?

Would you then check around town to see if you needed to hang a new flyer? If so, how often would you do this?
            - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
            Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Quote[/b] ]Is there any technique you would suggest when hanging these flyers? Should you rip off a couple of tabs when you hang them up to make the flyer's service more desireable?
              Thats funny!
              I don't think you need to do that. I used to check once a week or have my dad or mom check for me at one of the stores when they were grocery shopping there every week and put one up for me if needed.
              Maybe give them to family/friends to put up at there work offices.
              I had a mailman stop and ask for some to put up at the post office.

When you put them up in stores bring 5-6 extra tacks and put them on the bulletin board to so some one doesn't take yours off because they needed the tacks. That happened once.
              Rob

Comment

Working...
              X