Contractors License??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contractors License??

Well, this spring will be the start of a side business until its feasible to do it solely. I have over a year of experience with the State of Nevada, and have been looking into legally starting a business here in Reno NV. I've been looking into becoming an LLC and getting my business name and license. So far isn't complicated. For a while, it will be a one man operation. Do I need to carry workers comp? Ive also heard I'll need a general contractors license. According to
    NAC 624.280 Classification C-10: Landscape contracting
    plant and maintain gardens, lawns, shrubs, vines, bushes, trees and other vegetation, construct systems of drainage and landscape irrigation,

Well, to get that license is atleast 4 years of experience in the field. I don't have four years, but I know more in the grounds department than most. I mow 24 hours of my work week as it is. I know what Im doing with a weed eater, edger, mower, and blower.

Anyone have any information on this? Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hi UNRgrounds,

Welcome to our forum. Nice to have you join us.

I don't think you need workman's comp if you are working by yourself. The contractor's license requirements vary from state to state, but I am thinking that wouldn't include lawn care.

What made you want to start your own business? Have you ever run a business before?
    - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
    Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.

Comment

Never owned my own business, but I want to. A. More money B. I love what I do. C. I know I can make it work. D. The quality of lawn care here in reno isn't the greatest. My girl's parents called around for a whip, edge, mow and blo service, and was quoted a MININUM of 175 dollars a WEEK. Its redicilous. I would take me at the most 45 minutes to do their front and back lawns. I feel as though I can bring competitive prices and quality of work here.

Comment

What's making you wait until spring to start your business up? Could you do anything between now and then?
        - Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!

Comment

Currently my time and such due to my job and family issues doesn't allow for feasible time to do so. Spring will be turning a new leaf. Literally.

Comment

Well are there things you could do now to try and line up more business for the spring? If so, what have you been thinking about doing?

Comment

Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X